One Year Since I-485 Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Year Since I-485 Interview

My husband is a US citizen and he filed for me in 2016 in ATL, and in 2018 (mid Oct) we had our scheduled interview. It has almost been a year since we have heard anything and I applied for the EAD renewal back in Jan, 2019. Since then, nothing has been sent to us other than generic information about processing the I-485 and EAD renewal paperwork. After making at least 3 SR's with our lawyer, we have now passed this on to our local congressman and they are looking into it. Does anyone know what we could do if we receive the same generic information about our case. Obviously suing the government isn't something we'd like to do, but we are very unclear at this point.

You can try to expedite your EAD renewal due to it being outside normal processing times. As to your green card you either wait or file a mamandus against the USCIS.

In my personal experience my i-130 was approved at the interview but my i-485 was held for review. I made several SR, infopass, involved congressman, senator and it all got me no where. Then one year and half after the interview I got a RFE to provide a new medical. Ten days after they received my RFE - my i-485 was approved and I had green card in hand 4 days later.

Hang in there. It will come,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X