I-485 approved, but I-130 under initial review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 approved, but I-130 under initial review

Yesterday I got my green card approved at the end of the interview in CA. (Marriage based) Received a document that I will receive my green card within 60 days. This morning I received 2 emails, one told me that

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On October 7, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC........ 74, and will mail it to the address you gave us.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

The other email was sent exactly at same time, but have one receipt number higher.

Application Type: I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE

Your Case Status: Initial Review

Your interview for your Form I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE, Receipt Number MSC.........75, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action.

Now I'm confused. Has anyone received the same emails? And does the second email overrule the first, so I'm actually not getting my green card before I-130 has been approved?
    Last edited by NorwegianViking; 10-19-2019, 12:57 AM.

Originally posted by NorwegianViking View Post
    Yesterday I got my green card approved at the end of the interview in CA. (Marriage based) Received a document that I will receive my green card within 60 days. This morning I received 2 emails, one told me that

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On October 7, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC........ 74, and will mail it to the address you gave us.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

The other email was sent exactly at same time, but have one receipt number higher.

Application Type: I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE

Your Case Status: Initial Review

Your interview for your Form I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE, Receipt Number MSC.........75, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

Now I'm confused. Has anyone received the same emails? And does the second email overrule the first, so I'm actually not getting my green card before I-130 has been approved?
    I think you don't have to worry about this conflict of information because I got two letters (Notice of Action) on Monday, Oct 7 from USCIS saying the 485 and 130 have been approved. I checked online and the case status says "Card was mailed to me" (My wife)

"On October 7, 2019, we mailed your new card for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC199ZZZ, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by October 22, 2019" BUT when I check my I-130, it says "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed".
    My wife's timeline:
    03/04/19 - Forms 485,130 and 765 received by USCIS
    04/04/19 - Biometric
    07/16/19 - RFE issued by USCIS (asked for the 2018 Taxes)
    08/13/19 - Evidences received by USCIS
    08/26/19 - Interview was scheduled
    10/01/19 - Interview
    10/02/19 - New card is being produced.
    10/07/19 - I-797 received informing the I-130 and I-485 have been approved.
    10/07/19 - Card was mailed to my wife
    10/10/19 - Card received (7 months and 7 days but her card states "resident since 10/2")

Comment

Sometimes (more than a few) they send emails with wrong information. Don't worry about the emails and keep an eye on the actual documents you receive (they can make mistakes on those too).
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

10/15/2019 My Green Card came.
        • 10/11/2019
          The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.
        • 10/10/2019
          We mailed your new card your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, directly to the address you gave us.
        • 10/07/2019
          We ordered your new card.
        10/07/2019 Green Card Interview with my wife.
        • 08/30/2019
          We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
        • 04/17/2019
          We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
        • 04/04/2019
          We received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center office is working on your case again.
        • 01/07/2019
          We mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
        • 10/15/2018
          We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
        • 09/18/2018
          We received your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.
        Total time 1 year and 1 month at Northridge office, San Fernando Valley, CA.

Comment

Yesterday i received similar updates. I-485 approved and approval letter sent and i-130 interview completed and must be reviewed. Im confused. Am i getting the green card or not?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X