adjustment from o1 visa to green card through marriage - travel query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjustment from o1 visa to green card through marriage - travel query

Hey everyone, ive been in the usa now (Chicago) for almost 3yrs. arrived on a b1/b2 and adjusted status to o1b dec 1 2017. I got married a few weeks ago and we are planning on applying for my green card in the fall of 2020 before my o1 visa expires.

Does anyone have an immigration attorney reccomendation in Chicago for us? My o1b visa attorney is in NYC and wont work with couples unless they can meet us in person so we prefer to get a new attorney locally.

does the validity of my o1 visa end the moment the paperwork for the green card is accepted by USCIS? Or can i still travel in and out the usa until the expiration date on my o1?

Has anyone in chicago recently applied for the travel permit on an adjustment of status, and what was your wait time?

Me and my partner travel together for work frequently so im worried im going to miss out on a lot of trips if i lose the travel freedom

thankyou so much!

Once you file Adjustment of Status (I-485), you cannot leave the US while I-485 is pending without first being granted Advance Parole, or without H or L status (which you don't have), or you will automatically abandon your I-485.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

That was what i feared. I dont understand why one work visa and another would be different..... but they do like to make things difficult :/

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X