Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s next after receiving conditional green card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s next after receiving conditional green card?

Hi - I was wondering what’s next after receiving the conditional card? I expect to receive my card in the mail soon.

And a question for those who have a lawyer - Is the lawyer involved in the I485 and I130 application obliged to help in completing the removal of the conditional status? A little shy to ask my lawyer about it.

Lastly, what documents do we need to keep from here on before we submit application to remove conditional status?

The conditional green card is valid for 2 years. You don't have to do anything before removal of conditions (which you can do up to 90 days before the expiration date).
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by PKumar01 View Post
      The conditional green card is valid for 2 years. You don't have to do anything before removal of conditions (which you can do up to 90 days before the expiration date).
      Noted.

What kind of documents do we submit to remove the conditional status? Also, is there another round of interview?

Thanks.

Comment

You're referring to the I-751. You can download the form + instructions to submit for the removal of conditions from the USCIS website. The documentation is generally the same as the first round, just updated. There is usually an interview associated with this but not always.
        --Good luck--
        Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

How is the interview for the removal of conditions like? Is it similar with the first interview?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X