Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial evidence i485

Hello,
    I have received a letter from USCIS for initial evidence, and they asked me to provide my birth certificate a copy of the original and the translated version. I don’t understand why they are asking me to provide it even though I did send it with my application. I translated my original birth certificate through rushtranslate website and I had it notarized as well. how can I know what is the issue with my birth certificate because in the paper that they sent me it’s not saying if they lost the one I sent or it’s not acceptable by the USCIS department..
    if someone could help I would be really thankful!!
    Last edited by Chouness; 11-21-2019, 10:19 PM.

I would recommend you to get it translated by a professional and get him/her to notarize it, instead of getting it from a website and notarizing it yourself.

That’s what I did with my birth certificate and I didn’t get an RFE for it. On the other hand, I got an RFE for my husbands birth certificate (he’s a usc by birth) when it was already sent in the package... my lawyer said they’ve been submitting more RFEs to “buy time” into the process.

Not sure what would be the case with you, but to be safe, I’d look for a professional translator.

Comment

Please help responded to a second RFE last week friday. On 21th am getting a third RFE still on I 485. What could be wrong as right now I very depressed

Comment

It depends on what kind of RFE you’re receiving, maybe they’ve lost some of the papers while they were scanning them! Don’t be depressed it’s normal to receive RFE
        Last edited by Chouness; 11-25-2019, 11:28 PM.

Comment

thanks .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X