Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biometrics notice very late

Hey, any Brooklyn filers here?

My P.D date was 10/08/2019 and i have not received biometrics notice, called USCIS did a service request on 11/11/2019 and haven't heard anything yet.

Anyone with similar experience or know what is going on?

Would appreciate any clarifications.

Thank you

usually it takes 2 months. give it few more days. Now the question is have you had bio metrics taken recently? If yes, they can use that as well if it is with 15 months i believe. Second if you have created USCIS online account, you can see there if there is an update about it.

Comment

Originally posted by balo101 View Post
      usually it takes 2 months. give it few more days. Now the question is have you had bio metrics taken recently? If yes, they can use that as well if it is with 15 months i believe. Second if you have created USCIS online account, you can see there if there is an update about it.
      Thanks a lot for the reply.

I check the online account a lot but with no updates. I have not made any biometrics within the 15 months, except the one while i am entering the US, i believe i did fingerprints, which I don't think they'll take, because there was no photo or signature taken and if they do it should change on the website right?

Comment

Yes it will change your status on your online account if they use the same fingerprints. Just do not worry.

Comment

This is incorrect. It doesn't usually take 2 months. The usual time is more like 2 weeks. But that said, it seems like the group whose priority date is around 7th or 8th of October, 2019 are having issues receiving biometrics notice. I am in the same boat as you and I know a couple more users on this forum with the same issue. I would suggest you to call USCIS and raise a service request with them regarding delay in biometrics notice.
          Also, please follow the thread October 2019 for updates with filers with similar timelines.
          Last edited by sohi429; 12-02-2019, 08:53 AM.
          Concurrent F2A at NBC. FO Detroit

10/03/2019 docs mailed
          10/07/2019 pkg received
          10/17/2019 text msgs receipt
          10/18/2019 checks cashed
          10/21/2019 receipt of 797s in mail
          12/02/2019 RFE sent
          12/11/2019 RFE response received
          01/30/2020 completed bio (walk-in)
          01/30/2020 Fingerprints applied
          02/28/2020 Ready to be sched. for interview
          03/02/2020 interview scheduled
          03/06/2020 Int letter in mail
          04/15/2020 Interview day - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID
          10/05/2020 Interview resched.
          11/09/2020 Interview day

Comment

We have 2 application.
            1st 10/31/2019 for Parent
            2nd 11/04/2019 spouse
            we both going for fingerprint 12/09/2019

Comment

Originally posted by sohi429 View Post

This is wrong. It doesn't usually take 2 months. The usual time is more like 2 weeks. But that said, it seems like the group whose priority date is around 7th or 8th of October, 2019 are having issues receiving biometrics notice. I am in the same boat as you and I know a couple more users on this forum with the same issue. I would suggest you to call USCIS and raise a service request with them regarding delay in biometrics notice.
              Also, please follow the thread October 2019 for updates with filers with similar timelines.
              Just to echo what Sohi429 said, I am also an October filer and we are still awaiting our biometrics. I spoke with a Tier 2 officer on Friday who confirmed that our appt had not been scheduled yet. Nothing wrong with the application, however sometimes there can be a delay in scheduling. It wouldn’t hurt to call as they can look at your case specifically to let you know what’s happening.
              US Citizen filing on behalf of my spouse
              FO: St. Louis, MO
              10/03/19 documents mailed
              10/07/19 package received
              12/05/19 RFIE received in mail
              12/12/19 response to RFIE received by USCIS
              02/03/20 biometrics completed
              04/06/20 EAD approved, card being produced
              04/09/20 Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
              07/02/20 Interview has been scheduled (waiting for notice)
              08/27/20 Interview/Card being produced!
              08/28/20 I-485 and I-130 Approved
              09/04/20 Card was mailed to me
              09/10/20 GC in hand

Comment

Hey it’s actually stored for more than that. I had biometrics taken over 2 years ago in Florida. I’m now in NYC and when I got to my biometrics appointment today they informed me I was still on the system. They only took my photo and had me sign my name.
                Marriage AOS (from tourist visa)
                Received Nov 4th& Priority Date also Nov 4th
                I130 i485 & work permit (did not apply for travel documents )

Nov 15 received 2 hard copies for NOA
                Nov 22 Received biometrics appointment Notice
                Biometrics done, Dec 2nd.

Jan 6 2020 courtesy letter for missing medical (dated Dec 31 2019, mailed Jan 2nd 2020)
                Ready to be scheduled for interview (Jan 31st 2020)

“Nothing can stop Gods plan for your life” Isaiah 14:27

Comment

Originally posted by sohi429 View Post

This is incorrect. It doesn't usually take 2 months. The usual time is more like 2 weeks. But that said, it seems like the group whose priority date is around 7th or 8th of October, 2019 are having issues receiving biometrics notice. I am in the same boat as you and I know a couple more users on this forum with the same issue. I would suggest you to call USCIS and raise a service request with them regarding delay in biometrics notice.
                  Yes that's what i thought, the 2 weeks range. I did a service request on 11th of November, and haven't heard anything since then and also i spoke with a tier 2 officer he said biometrics can take months which is weird.

I am glad we have teh same timeline so we can update eachother. Are you filing also from NY?

Comment

Originally posted by Islandgirl93 View Post

Hey it’s actually stored for more than that. I had biometrics taken over 2 years ago in Florida. I’m now in NYC and when I got to my biometrics appointment today they informed me I was still on the system. They only took my photo and had me sign my name.
                    Read that multiple times but i think we have to go anyway for the picture and signature even if they have my biometrics

Comment

Originally posted by didoesque View Post

Just to echo what Sohi429 said, I am also an October filer and we are still awaiting our biometrics. I spoke with a Tier 2 officer on Friday who confirmed that our appt had not been scheduled yet. Nothing wrong with the application, however sometimes there can be a delay in scheduling. It wouldn’t hurt to call as they can look at your case specifically to let you know what’s happening.
                      They confirmed with me that my biometrics have not been scheduled too. Good to know i am not the only one.

Are you also filing from NY?

Comment

Originally posted by NYC/She View Post
                        We have 2 application.
                        1st 10/31/2019 for Parent
                        2nd 11/04/2019 spouse
                        we both going for fingerprint 12/09/2019
                        I guess you're lucky then, best of luck in the appointments!

Are filing from Brooklyn?

Comment

Originally posted by Meme7 View Post

They confirmed with me that my biometrics have not been scheduled too. Good to know i am not the only one.

Are you also filing from NY?
                          We are filing from St. Louis. Still no biometrics but case status updated today to Request for Initial Evidence sent. Maybe the medical letter since we didn’t include in our original package? Have you had any updates online since speaking with them?
                          US Citizen filing on behalf of my spouse
                          FO: St. Louis, MO
                          10/03/19 documents mailed
                          10/07/19 package received
                          12/05/19 RFIE received in mail
                          12/12/19 response to RFIE received by USCIS
                          02/03/20 biometrics completed
                          04/06/20 EAD approved, card being produced
                          04/09/20 Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
                          07/02/20 Interview has been scheduled (waiting for notice)
                          08/27/20 Interview/Card being produced!
                          08/28/20 I-485 and I-130 Approved
                          09/04/20 Card was mailed to me
                          09/10/20 GC in hand

Comment

Originally posted by Meme7 View Post

Read that multiple times but i think we have to go anyway for the picture and signature even if they have my biometrics
                            Ok keep us posted then. It shouldn’t be too long from now though. Where are you filing from? If you don’t telling.
                            Marriage AOS (from tourist visa)
                            Received Nov 4th& Priority Date also Nov 4th
                            I130 i485 & work permit (did not apply for travel documents )

Nov 15 received 2 hard copies for NOA
                            Nov 22 Received biometrics appointment Notice
                            Biometrics done, Dec 2nd.

Jan 6 2020 courtesy letter for missing medical (dated Dec 31 2019, mailed Jan 2nd 2020)
                            Ready to be scheduled for interview (Jan 31st 2020)

“Nothing can stop Gods plan for your life” Isaiah 14:27

Comment

Originally posted by didoesque View Post

We are filing from St. Louis. Still no biometrics but case status updated today to Request for Initial Evidence sent. Maybe the medical letter since we didn’t include in our original package? Have you had any updates online since speaking with them?
                              Nope nothing! Oh did you get mail stating what was the RFE for? Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X