Marriage based Interview went really bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage based Interview went really bad

Me and my husband just had green card interview yesterday which went really bad... the officer was rude and almost did not ask us any questions about our marriage, he focused on my J1 programs, my unlawful presence in the US for 180 days and that I have been working with no work permit and my first marriage ( I never filed with my first husband). At the end of the interview he said he will hardly approve my green card and he took all the documents we had to prove our marriage. Just for the record my marriage is absolutely genuine and real and we had just couple questions about it... 2 hours after the interview I checked online my case status and it was updated to New Card is being Produced and will be mailed... I am really confused should I believe this update, is it possible after such an interview to get approved just 2 hours after we left the office...

Originally posted by Geri View Post
    Me and my husband just had green card interview yesterday which went really bad... the officer was rude and almost did not ask us any questions about our marriage, he focused on my J1 programs, my unlawful presence in the US for 180 days and that I have been working with no work permit and my first marriage ( I never filed with my first husband). At the end of the interview he said he will hardly approve my green card and he took all the documents we had to prove our marriage. Just for the record my marriage is absolutely genuine and real and we had just couple questions about it... 2 hours after the interview I checked online my case status and it was updated to New Card is being Produced and will be mailed... I am really confused should I believe this update, is it possible after such an interview to get approved just 2 hours after we left the office...
    If you see that update on your case status, it means you are approved. Congratulations.
    03/05/2019 Filed concurrently EB3 Regular
    05/20/2019 Receipt Notice received
    06/21/2019 i-140 approved
    8/9/2019 Case transfer to NBC notice received
    8/24/2019 Biometrics appointment 09/05/2019
    8/30/2019 RFE for my wife, Courtesy letter for me
    9/16/2019 Interview Ready for Schedule
    9/17/2019 Interview Scheduled
    9/21/2019 Interview scheduled for October 28th
    10/17/2019 EAD approved
    10/24/2019 EAD/AP received
    10/28/2019 Interview Completed
    11/25/19 New card being produced

Comment

If the status is correct, you should receive the GC in 4-7 business days. Good luck.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Well congratulations. Maybe the officer did not approve your unlawful presence, unauthorized work blah blah but He/She had to approve your green based on the law and not their personal feelings.

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I really hope so

Comment

Just did my interview today. No update on my case..
            Newark Field Office. I485, I765, I130, I31 Marriage AOS
            1/28/19 -case has been accepted
            2/9/19 - Fingerprint review was COMPLETED on I-765 and I-485
            2/12/19 - (I-485) Case b • 10/4/19 - Interview cancelled
            10/19/19 - Interview was scheduled
            12/3/19 - Interview completed!it
            12/9/19 - New card is being produced
            12/10/19 - i485 and I-130 case was approved

Comment

Hey, how did it go, was it easy? Where did you have your interview?

Comment

Hey, how did it go, was it easy? Where did you have your interview?
                Newark! it was fairly easy. She was chill lol laughed a lot of times. She took a lot of our traveling photos.
                Newark Field Office. I485, I765, I130, I31 Marriage AOS
                1/28/19 -case has been accepted
                2/9/19 - Fingerprint review was COMPLETED on I-765 and I-485
                2/12/19 - (I-485) Case b • 10/4/19 - Interview cancelled
                10/19/19 - Interview was scheduled
                12/3/19 - Interview completed!it
                12/9/19 - New card is being produced
                12/10/19 - i485 and I-130 case was approved

Comment

You are lucky ... we had an arrogant officer, he made a big deal of that I didn't work for the employer I was supposed to work for on my J1 program ... and I have been married before and never filed with my first husband. Anyway I wish you luck

Comment

I was interviewed yesterday December 5, 2019 for my I-485 and it took the officer to interview us for more than 2 1/2 hours! The interview is somewhat friendly and nerve racking
                    at the same time, she ask me all the questions up to the smallest details and at some point , some question was ask more than twice in a different situations
                    but in the end she was convinced that my married is legitimate and genuine and approved me on the spot and after 2 hours I received an sms that my green card is being produced!
                    So , We have similar situations and I can confirmed that we will receive our green card in 1 week time finger's crossed!

Congrats to you!
                    10/10/19- Case is ready to be scheduled for interview...
                    10/29/19 - I-485 Interview notice received.

12/05/19 - Interview day @ 10:45 am

03/13/2023 - Interview for N400
                    03/13/2023 - Pass interview same day sworn in as US citizen.
                    03/18/2023 - Applied for US passport. Saturday Passport caravan.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X