Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-485 Employment Interview for Primary and Dependent Applicants in different states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 Employment Interview for Primary and Dependent Applicants in different states

Due to our respective jobs, my spouse and I reside in separate geographical locations (different states). Both of our adjustment of status (AOS) applications were submitted at the same time with our respective correspondence addresses. We've been receiving our Receipt Notices and biometric appointments at our respective correspondence address.

Both of our cases have been scheduled for an interview 3 days ago at the same time.

Does anyone here know which field office we will be scheduled at? Will both be scheduled at the primary applicant's Field Office?

Please help!!!

Because your biometrics were done according to your correspondence address, I guess it should be the same way.
    After I said that, you never know with USCIS. You will receive the letter in a few days and you will know for sure.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
      Because your biometrics were done according to your correspondence address, I guess it should be the same way.
      After I said that, you never know with USCIS. You will receive the letter in a few days and you will know for sure.
      I agree. USCIS would probably do the interview at the primary applicant's address.. I guess we will know.

I am concerned about my wife attending the interview alone as a dependent. Would I be able to travel and attend the interview with her if the officer is willing?
      Provided the interviews aren't on the same day.

Comment

As far as I know, families go together when in the same place at the same time and they are instructed to do so.
        Sometimes couples are separated for questioning. Only the lawyer on file or an interpreter (if needed) can go in, I don't think they will let you attend.
        Don't worry, just bring all the original documents that they ask (and a few others, if you think that will help). Good luck.
        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X