• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When can I receive my comb card?

Aos with us citizen.
    Pd 9/27
    fingerprint done 11/1.
    I am a new grad and looking for job now. Can someone tell me when will I receive my com card? Is it related with where I filled? I’m in Bay Area, CA.
    I expect I will receive it around February. Am I correct?

San Jose F1 AOS with UC 4 forms
    9/24 2019: Sent 4 forms to Chicago
    9/27 2019: PD
    11/1/2019 : Fingerprints done
    12/13/2019:Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
    1/21/2020: Interview was scheduled
    2/25/2020 12pm: we interviewed in San Jose.
    2/25/2020 5:00pm: I-485 new card is being produced.

Probably? It’s always hit or miss with the USCIS and their processing times. I try not to have any expectations
    Canadian on F-1 married to USC (SSM)
    Field office: Manhattan/NYC

09/21/2019: Delivered to Chicago
    09/25/2019: Fees charged
    09/30/2019: Case received
    10/04/2019: Biometrics appt received
    10/15/2019: Fingerprints taken
    10/16/2019: Fingerprint review complete
    11/14/2019: Ready to be scheduled

Comment

There are many reports from people married to USC that they never get the combo card. They get interview/approved in 6-9 months.
      With that information, my guess is: if your case will take more than 9 months you can expect the EAD/AP card in 5-8 months.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

The EAD/AP card normally takes 2-6 months after the biometrics. The GC takes about 12 months after biometrics (and interview). So, you'll have a few months in between when you've got the combo card and are waiting for the GC.
        --Good luck--
        Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by manhattanite View Post
          Probably? It’s always hit or miss with the USCIS and their processing times. I try not to have any expectations
          At least your case has moved to “ready to schedule”

Comment

Originally posted by PKumar01 View Post
            The EAD/AP card normally takes 2-6 months after the biometrics. The GC takes about 12 months after biometrics (and interview). So, you'll have a few months in between when you've got the combo card and are waiting for the GC.
            So sad to hear that, but I saw most of July fillers had received comb card, and many of them have gc in hand. Why September filler has to wait 12 month?

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
              There are many reports from people married to USC that they never get the combo card. They get interview/approved in 6-9 months.
              With that information, my guess is: if your case will take more than 9 months you can expect the EAD/AP card in 5-8 months.
              Can’t wait for that long, I need a job as soon as possible.
              Does filling location matter? Why so many July fillers have their gc in hand already?

Comment

Originally posted by xingmin View Post

Does filling location matter? Why so many July fillers have their gc in hand already?
                Just try expediting your EAD if you really need it that badly. Based on your comments you probably qualify for "severe financial loss", so why not try.

People have already told you (and this is not the first thread) that the EAD and AP wait times are pretty variable. I'm not sure what else you want people to say. We're not the USCIS---we can't do anything for you or your EAD.

Some people get it earlier, some people get it later. You get it when you get it. You can make all the plans you want in terms of employment, but nothing's going to get around the fact that (i) you need and EAD and (ii) the only way to get it any faster is by requesting expedited processing.
                Last edited by manhattanite; 12-09-2019, 06:11 PM.
                Canadian on F-1 married to USC (SSM)
                Field office: Manhattan/NYC

09/21/2019: Delivered to Chicago
                09/25/2019: Fees charged
                09/30/2019: Case received
                10/04/2019: Biometrics appt received
                10/15/2019: Fingerprints taken
                10/16/2019: Fingerprint review complete
                11/14/2019: Ready to be scheduled

Comment

Originally posted by xingmin View Post

Hi there, I am a PD 9/26 filer, and I received my combo card Dec 5 after expediting on Oct 31. It took a while but it got accepted. I understand that you want a job and start working, but what kind of financial loss are you incurring? This is something that you should be able to prove to USCIS when requesting an expedite. If you would get through an interview process of a job, and you have an offer letter in hand, then this would be something that you could use to expedite your case.
                  Service Center: Texas
                  03/09/2023: Filing Date
                  03/10/2023: Receipt Date
                  03/15/2023: Text Message Received w/ IOE receipt#
                  03/17/2023: Personal Check Cashed
                  03/20/2023: Biometrics Reuse Notice Received in Mail
                  03/20/2023 Online Account Access Notice Received in Mail

Comment

Originally posted by manhattanite View Post

Just try expediting your EAD if you really need it that badly. Based on your comments you probably qualify for "severe financial loss", so why not try.

People have already told you (and this is not the first thread) that the EAD and AP wait times are pretty variable. I'm not sure what else you want people to say. We're not the USCIS---we can't do anything for you or your EAD.

Some people get it earlier, some people get it later. You get it when you get it. You can make all the plans you want in terms of employment, but nothing's going to get around the fact that (i) you need and EAD and (ii) the only way to get it any faster is by requesting expedited processing.
                    Yeah,
                    Thanks for your response. I have read expedite condition, but it seems like I am not satisfy 'severe financial loss'. emmm. I just graduate from school a week ago, and got rejected by some companies because of my visa uncertainty. My parents still support my live expense, and my wife is saving money for her future master studying tuition. Life is hard in Bay area, everything is so expensive. Only thing I can do is to keep looking for job, and I could fill expedite if I have a job offer.

Comment

Originally posted by DD1992 View Post

Hi there, I am a PD 9/26 filer, and I received my combo card Dec 5 after expediting on Oct 31. It took a while but it got accepted. I understand that you want a job and start working, but what kind of financial loss are you incurring? This is something that you should be able to prove to USCIS when requesting an expedite. If you would get through an interview process of a job, and you have an offer letter in hand, then this would be something that you could use to expedite your case.
                      Thanks for your response,
                      I am not in ' financial loss', so its hard for me to expedite based on this reason. My parents still support my live expense, and my wife is saving money for her future master studying tuition. Life is hard in Bay area, everything is so expensive. Only thing I can do is to keep looking for job, and I could fill expedite if I have a job offer.

Comment

xingmin You could expedite it under financial loss if the beneficiary gets accepted to a College. The aceptance letter can be a proof and then it can be claimed that the lack of work authorization will affect the paying of tuition
                        Service Center: Texas
                        03/09/2023: Filing Date
                        03/10/2023: Receipt Date
                        03/15/2023: Text Message Received w/ IOE receipt#
                        03/17/2023: Personal Check Cashed
                        03/20/2023: Biometrics Reuse Notice Received in Mail
                        03/20/2023 Online Account Access Notice Received in Mail

Comment

Originally posted by DD1992 View Post
                          xingmin You could expedite it under financial loss if the beneficiary gets accepted to a College. The aceptance letter can be a proof and then it can be claimed that the lack of work authorization will affect the paying of tuition
                          Hi DD1992,
                          Thanks for your reply again.
                          Actually, I am the beneficiary and just finished my master studying few days ago. My wife has a job right and is going to apply for her degree study in 2021. Wish I can get the comb card soon and I can go back China with my wife in Chinese New year, which is in end of next month. Probably unreal now.

Comment

Unfortunately the combo card timeline really is all over the place. My initial one came in less than 3 months after application, but the renewal one took about 7 1/2 months. I lost money on an out of country trip that I booked thinking that it would get to me in time. It came 3 weeks before my interview.
                            Which field office is processing your application? If it’s SF, sorry to tell you but it’s going to be a long wait. I was out of the SF office... My I-485/I-130 was received in July 2018 and I just had my interview this week. 525 days from application to interview. The best thing to do is be patient... I know it’s hard, but it WILL come!
                            DACA approved: 12/2014
                            I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 apps. sent: 6/28/2018
                            NOA receipt notices received: 7/13/2018
                            I-485- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview.: 8/1/2018
                            I-765/I-131- Card received.: 10/26/2018
                            11/5/19- INTERVIEW SCHEDULED/NOTICE LETTER RECEIVED!
                            12/9/19- Interview/approval on same day/card being produced.
                            12/12/19- (email) GC being mailed to me notice received.
                            12/13/19- (email) USPS picked up card in mail.
                            12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by keldreams View Post
                              Unfortunately the combo card timeline really is all over the place. My initial one came in less than 3 months after application, but the renewal one took about 7 1/2 months. I lost money on an out of country trip that I booked thinking that it would get to me in time. It came 3 weeks before my interview.
                              Which field office is processing your application? If it’s SF, sorry to tell you but it’s going to be a long wait. I was out of the SF office... My I-485/I-130 was received in July 2018 and I just had my interview this week. 525 days from application to interview. The best thing to do is be patient... I know it’s hard, but it WILL come!
                              I filled in San Jose. Im going to find a job first, and then ask for expedite.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X