Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying for additional Advance Parole while pending i-485 (fam-based)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for additional Advance Parole while pending i-485 (fam-based)

Hello all,

My parent is in the status of pending i-485, pending the final decision. He finished the interview back in May 2019, but the regional USCIS office kept sending requests for additional evidence, and now for another physical exam because the one he submitted, in the beginning, has now expired.

The order of events & my question are as follows:

- He left few months ago to travel abroad to attend to his other family member who is not well.
    - He left with an advance parole permit (I-521L) (he got his EAD, SSN after he got the travel permit (I-131/I-521L)
    - He returned to the U.S. from abroad safely with the stamp "paroled until Nov __, 2020" last week.
    - Now he urgently needs to travel again, but he did not have a chance to submit another I-131.

QUESTION:
    Can he submit for the second I-131 and leave? Would he be able to come back? Can someone else receive his I-131 approval and mail it to his abroad mailing address?
    Or because he was paroled in, can he get a tourist visa to visit his parent in the U.S.?

Thanks everyone!

- J

Is there a reason you're thinking about filing another I-131? Has the AP expired already?
    Canadian on F-1 married to USC (SSM)
    Field office: Manhattan/NYC

09/21/2019: Delivered to Chicago
    09/25/2019: Fees charged
    09/30/2019: Case received
    10/04/2019: Biometrics appt received
    10/15/2019: Fingerprints taken
    10/16/2019: Fingerprint review complete
    11/14/2019: Ready to be scheduled

Comment

Originally posted by manhattanite View Post
      Is there a reason you're thinking about filing another I-131? Has the AP expired already?
      Hello there,

Yes his current AP document expires on the first week of January 2020...He's afraid that his father will pass away in near future--as you can imagine, it's unpredictable.

Comment

He can come back on his current AP before it expires in January 2020 with no problem, and it will not cause his new AP application to be denied. However, I don't think he can come back after his current AP expires in January 2020, even if his second AP is approved.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X