I-131 not mentioned in biometrics and updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-131 not mentioned in biometrics and updates

I've applied with I-485, I-765 and I-131 altogether, and received receipts for all 3. In my biometrics appointment letter, the header says "Case type: I485 - I765" and lower part has "Application number" for I485 and "Application number 2" for I765 (with corresponding receipt numbers and barcodes), I131 is never mentioned. Similarly, in my case status online, updates about fingerprints were added for I485 and I765 but not I131. Is it common?

I suggest you to go back to forms and see what is 131 for. It will explain itself why it hasn’t been updated.
    Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
    03/27-2018 AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox.
    03/30- confirmation of delivery to USCIS.
    04/11- Four Email/Text notifications
    04/11- cheques cashed
    04/27- Biometrics appointment received.
    04/27-Courtesy Letter-I-693
    05/02- Biometrics walk-in
    08/01- I-765 New Card being produced
    08/03- We approved your case; I-765 & I-131
    08/08-Combo Card received

Comment

Yes, it is common. Our original I-131 status still shows "Case Was Received" the weird thing is that our renewal I-131 status shows "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken".
      They are using the same biometrics (no new appointment). The I-765 renewal also shows that status even when the original status never changed fro "Fingerprint Review Was Completed".

USCIS yesterday updated their system and I think they no longer use the status of "Fingerprint Review Completed" and now they use "...Fingerprints Were Taken", both our I-765 and I-131 renewal status updated from one to the other. Nothing to worry about.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Enub4 - thanks for the input!
        b3b3g1 - well sorry this is not very clear. I don't see why fingerprints are applied to employment authorization but not to the travel document.

Comment

Same thing happened to me. My I-765 was approved and mailed but the status of I-131 said "we recieved..." and today I checked my status again and it said that the form I-131 was approved. So I guess they're going to send it with the EAD.

Comment

My status has just updated to show "fingerprints applied to your case" for I-131 - it's 3 months after having it for I-765 and I-481! And I had no other updates for the latter ones, I really hope it doesn't mean they only now start considering my combo card - it's been 4 months waiting...
            Last edited by triv; 03-05-2020, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Same thing happened to me... I'll call USCIS tonight to find out about it!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X