AOS being dropped. Can wife visit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS being dropped. Can wife visit?

Long story short: My wife and I filed to adjust status on a k1 and filed for advance parole to have our wedding in Canada (her country). While the travel document was pending we left for wedding/honeymoon and they wouldn’t let her come back to the States. Now we have a local interview that she cant make.
    Ive decided that in the next 2 years Im just going to move to Canada instead. I want to know: will I be able to cancel the AOS so she can at least start visiting me again? How soon can this happen, if so? Thanks for reading.

If she left the US without AP, then her AOS has already been forfeited---I don't think you need to formally withdraw or cancel.

Did they give a reason why they denied her entry at the border? I'm assuming it was because she could not prove her non-immigrant intent.

I think that's the major issue here: because your wife tried immigrating in the past, the USCIS/officer is unlikely to grant her entry under a non-immigrant status unless she can convince them that she will return to Canada (e.g., job in Canada, apartment lease, car rental, family, etc.).
    Canadian on F-1 married to USC (SSM)
    Field office: Manhattan/NYC

09/21/2019: Delivered to Chicago
    09/25/2019: Fees charged
    09/30/2019: Case received
    10/04/2019: Biometrics appt received
    10/15/2019: Fingerprints taken
    10/16/2019: Fingerprint review complete
    11/14/2019: Ready to be scheduled

Comment

If she left a country without AP, her AOS is denied!
      If she does not overstayed her visa B1/B2, she can apply again. If she was F1/J1 student visa and she overstayed it’s no problem at all.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X