Do we file i-130?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we file i-130?

Okay complicated - and long so hang in there with me.
    Ok..I was born in Germany..legally came to the United States when I was two in 1992 with my mom and step father who did not legally adopt me. He was military and we came here through him...my crappy parents let all my stuff expire. They divorced never fixed my situation ...he still didn't adopt me but was granted custody of me. Still never took care of it. So then when I turned 17/18 an I wanted to a license I don't have the proper materials..I've talked to several people one person who has contacted someone says I have no status ..so im not legal but not illegal. I recently got my FOIA. In may of 2001 a letter was sent to an address that I have never lived at. It was stating that my dad needs to file I-751 with $125. Well he never got the letter, and obviously this was never done. In Aug 2001 another letter was sent saying my CPR was terminated. I am now 30 and so eager to fix this horrible situation my parents have been no help with. I would love nothing more than to get a lawyer but, but with one income it's not much of an option. I want to confirm that filing the i130 and i485 with my husband is the right way to go? I've lived here my whole life, went to school here, have been married to my high school sweetheart for almost 11 years And we have 3 kids together. I am so afraid my time with them has an expiration date and just want to fix it once and for all. So any advice would be appreciated.

Did you enter on K2 visa or some other type of visa?
    Last edited by newacct; 01-29-2020, 03:34 PM.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

My visa says cr2. So I piggy backed off my mom. I was 2 at the time. But my mom never took care of her immigration status otherwise I would have been fine.

Comment

You guys should be able to file I-130 and I-485 together now, assuming he is a US citizen and you are not in removal proceedings.

Alternately, you can file I-751 by yourself for Removal of Conditions now on the basis of your mother's divorce; you wouldn't need either your mother or stepfather to file anything, but you would need evidence that their marriage was bona fide.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X