Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview within a month, dropping school and F-1 is a still bad idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview within a month, dropping school and F-1 is a still bad idea?

Hello guys,
    Last edited by wannagohome; 03-03-2021, 01:16 AM.

As a former college teacher, before dropping out of school I would have a talk with each of your professors and explain the dilemma to them. Perhaps they would let you take the exam a day earlier or later. You might be surprised at how accommodating most will be. Don't be so quick to jump to extremes.

Comment

If that's your only reason for dropping out of school, I would strongly recommend against it. I am in medical school, and taught at a college before that; professors will typically be very accommodating of immigration-related extenuating circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by wannagohome View Post
        Hello guys,

I have my interview within 4 weeks, and I've been going to school to keep my F-1 visa status for 10 months so far.

It's been 4 months since I applied I-485 and I got my EAD card 3 weeks ago but haven't started work yet.

I was going to keep my F-1 visa until I get my green card, but the thing is my final exam day and interview day are on the same day.

I don't want to get D or F grade because even after I get my green card, I will probably take a few classes at the same school in the future and I don't want the bad grades to affect my transcript.

(I've been a good student while I'm holding my F-1 visa)

So I'm thinking about to drop out the school next week and will explain to the interviewer why I dropped out my school.

What do you guys think about my thoughts?
        You can reschedule the USCIS Interview if you really love to keep up with your grades.

I'm sure USCIS will know and see your honesty if you are truly a ....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X