I 485 denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Belaw24 View Post

The interview was fine. We made mistakes in two parts but overall it was not bad. The peculiar thing during the interview was the interviewer said he didn't have our files from USCIS so he was going off the answers we gave him. He was writing down whatever we answered. He said it happens sometimes and some interviewers postpone a scheduled interview for this reason. My attorney also told us the same thing. But the interviewer insisted it was no big deal and we did the interview. Separated us from the start. He started with my wife, 45 minutes, then my turn like 25 minutes. Very rigorous. He was stern but fair. Never felt like we made any huge mistake that would jeopardize our case. He did tell us however he would have liked more evidence, however they tell everyone that. We had tons of evidence: lease, bank accounts, photos, utility bills, correspondences, photos, etc. He asked for some documents and my attorney said he can get it.

Why did it say our case was denied on the basis of our I-130 petition being rejected instead of rejection being based on adjustment interview misgivings they had as you state ?
    Separated = Stokes Interview. Then I-130 denied. Well that makes this all very clear to me. Anybody else still confused?

Comment

If The I-130 was rejected then something was done incorrectly. If I-130 was denied then they don’t believe the marriage.

because I-130 is no good then I-485 is an automatic denial no matter how good your interview went. If you call USCIS and ask to speak to a tier 2 rep, they will be able to tell you exactly why the I-130 was rejected or denied.
      Field Office: Hartford, CT
      PD: 5/21/2019
      Filed forms: I-130; I-485; I-765
      B1/B/2 married to USC
      5/21/2019: I-130 and I-484 received
      7/12/2019: fingerprint review complete
      8/29/2019: received rejected form I-485 due to bounced check
      9/11/2019: mailed new I-485 with new check and I-765
      10/22/2019: biometrics complete
      11/22/2019: ready to schedule interview
      12/18/2019: called USCIS and request exp on I-485
      12/20/2019: Expedite received and complete
      12/26/2019: I-765 approved

Comment

I am sorry that this happened to you. I actually am thinking of applying for an E1 though. I have been a little worried especially now because the administration has changed and that always stops the flow of cases. I am sure in my case of course because I do have a job position waiting for me in LA and I do have a really good lawyer who has been super helpful and very professional. I still remember how I got across his contact information. I simply googled e1 visa Los Angeles and his was probably the second phone number I found. I was a little skeptical at first but he has been amazing. He has a lot of experience with these types of cases so I am confident that everything will be okay but we can all just wait and see. Wish me luck. I am hoping that I will soon be able to work on the US soil legally.
        Last edited by lysagrey; 12-06-2020, 06:50 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X