Section 8 Voucher Application for U.S. spouse, while my AOS pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 8 Voucher Application for U.S. spouse, while my AOS pending

Would my wife be able to apply for Section 8 housing (which she is eligible for), while my AOS petition has just started? I would be living with her of course. We have a joint sponsor as she doesn't make enough and I'm currently unemployed. Would her application hurt my AOS petition?

Thanks

Originally posted by Manuel94 View Post
    Would my wife be able to apply for Section 8 housing (which she is eligible for), while my AOS petition has just started? I would be living with her of course. We have a joint sponsor as she doesn't make enough and I'm currently unemployed. Would her application hurt my AOS petition?

Thanks
    You will be ok...she is a USC
    Sacramento, CA
    11/22/19 Package sent I 485, [Chicago LockBox). I 130 already filed August 1st( August 8th Priority date)
    11/29/19 Card ran by USCIS for $1225
    12/13/19 Notice for Biomterics appt.
    12/23/19 Biometrics
    1/31/2020 Yellow RFIE in mail(missing Birth certificate)
    2/5/2020 RFIE received at USCIS
    2/14/20 Received I 693 courtesy letter
    2/14/20 ready to be scheduled intervw
    08/31/20 EAD /SSC
    09/03/21 Notice for biometrics appointment I 130 USC
    10/04/21 Case actively being reviewed

Comment

Thanks
      First at all, how long have you been married? When did you get married? How long have you known each other? "I would be living with her" sounds like if you don't yet live together but married already?

The I-130 could be denied, be very careful with that. Make sure that your co-sponsor makes enough money to support your marriage which should be 125% over the federal poverty level.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny6751 View Post

First at all, how long have you been married? When did you get married? How long have you known each other? "I would be living with her" sounds like if you don't yet live together but married already?

The I-130 could be denied, be very careful with that. Make sure that your co-sponsor makes enough money to support your marriage which should be 125% over the federal poverty level.
        We've been married for 7 months now, and we've know each other for a year and a half. We started living together after the first month we met, but the unit we live in is inadequate for us and rent elsewhere is considerably high in our area.

Comment

Thanks

If I’m not mistaken, the fact that you guys are married may disqualify her for section 8. I’m almost sure section 8 is for single parents. I could be wrong though but before you guys get worried about the AOS, check back to see if she’s still eligible for Section 8.
          Field Office: Hartford, CT
          PD: 5/21/2019
          Filed forms: I-130; I-485; I-765
          B1/B/2 married to USC
          5/21/2019: I-130 and I-484 received
          7/12/2019: fingerprint review complete
          8/29/2019: received rejected form I-485 due to bounced check
          9/11/2019: mailed new I-485 with new check and I-765
          10/22/2019: biometrics complete
          11/22/2019: ready to schedule interview
          12/18/2019: called USCIS and request exp on I-485
          12/20/2019: Expedite received and complete