Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why have I been requested to get biometrics taken a second time???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why have I been requested to get biometrics taken a second time???

Hello,

I couldn't find a topic on I-131 Travel Document so I'm just going to ask here.

Today I received by mail an appointment notice to have my biometrics taken for my I-131. I'm so confused though because I already had my biometrics taken back in September of 2019. Do they actually need me to do them again or is this a mistake?

Thank you

They probably need it again because of the time gap between Sept and Now. I got a notice that they will use same finger prints for i131 but i took my fingerprints a month ago

Comment

I read other forums about having biometrics taken a second time , it may be because fingerprints weren’t clear or something . Some people are receiving letter to go to a second biometrics

Comment

Yes but my I-765 has already already been approved and I've already been scheduled for the I-485 Green Card Interview... So I doubt they would have approved those if the fingerprints weren't clear in the first place or if something was wrong with them. So I'm confused as to why I have to take them again and why they can't just use the ones I did in September.

Comment

You can call them and ask about this or go to your appointment. Is the biometric appointment near your interview appointment?
          Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
          Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
          Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
          ---
          All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

No, that's what is weird. The biometrics appointment is on the 23rd three and a half hours from me. And my interview is on the 25th 5 hours in the opposite direction. So it'll probably end up being like a 12 hour trip total.

Comment

I did my fingerprints 3 times. I applied for GC and travel document together and got notice that they will use my old fingerprints. Then in 3 month got notice that I need to do fingerprints for travel document and got approved. 4 month after, I got notice for fingerprints for GC application.

idk if it’s a mistake or not. But I would go and do it. Also I heard some people went prior the date that is shown in your notice to do their biometric.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X