Divorcing spouse 2 months after they receive their green card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorcing spouse 2 months after they receive their green card

I married my spouse in November of 2018. I had 3 kids from a prior relationship and had another one in this marriage. We filed his paperwork in April of 2019 with the interview in October. He got approved in January. It took until January due to not having received the birth certificate and USCIS wanting proof he was on the birth certificate. My problem is I am not happy. I felt rushed and obligated to get married and sponsor him. Its not working out and having ended a long term relationship I think affected my judgement. Can anyone help me to see if this affects my spouse who did get his green card already. Or does immigration frown upon a separation so early. Its not in my best interest to stay married and I feel like I was in a vulnerable place and he saw that.

Was this the 2-year conditional green card?

If yes, he will need to file a removal of conditions a few months before the expiration date. Being divorced very shortly after receiving the conditional card could cause complications for the removal of conditions process.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X