Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview Cancelled, Now What?

Hi All,

Our interview was for next week but it has been cancelled due to COVID-19. My concern is the Civil Surgeon Exam, this is only valid for 60 days. Will we have to do this again and pay the fees?

Hey, what was your timeline so far?
    Marriage AOS (from tourist visa)
    Received Nov 4th& Priority Date also Nov 4th
    I130 i485 & work permit (did not apply for travel documents )

Nov 15 received 2 hard copies for NOA
    Nov 22 Received biometrics appointment Notice
    Biometrics done, Dec 2nd.

Jan 6 2020 courtesy letter for missing medical (dated Dec 31 2019, mailed Jan 2nd 2020)
    Ready to be scheduled for interview (Jan 31st 2020)

“Nothing can stop Gods plan for your life” Isaiah 14:27

Comment

Marriage AOS
      POD May 2019
      Biometrics done June 2019
      RFE August 2019
      Respond to RFE September 2019
      EAD in hand November 2019
      Social in hand November 2019
      Returned EAD due to error November 2019
      New EAD January 2020
      Interview Ready to be scheduled January 2020
      Interview Date February 2020
      Interview Cancelled March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BXFiler88 View Post
        Hi All,

Our interview was for next week but it has been cancelled due to COVID-19. My concern is the Civil Surgeon Exam, this is only valid for 60 days. Will we have to do this again and pay the fees?
        It is only valid for 60 days if you do it before sending the I-485. If it is signed after they receive the I-485 is valid for 2 years.
        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

shxxxxxt....mine interview time is for 4/9 NYC and I also concern about this medical exam expiration.........seems we cannot even submit it separately.....that is fked....and all other documents also need to be updated

Comment

Originally posted by arwr25dollars View Post
            shxxxxxt....mine interview time is for 4/9 NYC and I also concern about this medical exam expiration.........seems we cannot even submit it separately.....that is fked....and all other documents also need to be updated
            If you have your sealed envelope with your medical exam, it is valid for 2 years. What other documents? Tax, bank statements and such for the interview?
            ---
            All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

If you have your sealed envelope with your medical exam, it is valid for 2 years. What other documents? Tax, bank statements and such for the interview?
              I think it is valid only for 60 days as I did my medical exam after I received the interview notice......

Comment

If the interview is postponed, we have file again for I765 for the EAD card again....to renew...

Comment

Originally posted by BXFiler88 View Post
                  Hi All,

Is your interview date in April?

Comment

arwr25dollars Yes, interview was in April.

Comment

I think it is valid only for 60 days as I did my medical exam after I received the interview notice......
                      According to the Policy Manual, it is valid for 2 years: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/...rt-b-chapter-4

If your EAD is going to expire in the next few months then it is better to renew now (free with a copy of the I-485 receipt).
                      ---

Comment

According to the Policy Manual, it is valid for 2 years: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/...rt-b-chapter-4

If your EAD is going to expire in the next few months then it is better to renew now (free with a copy of the I-485 receipt).
                        Man, sorry to hear about that...mine is in NYC, the middle of this pandemic........

Thanks for the link...I thought since I did not submit the medical exam with I-485, meaning USCIS never received my medical exam to review it, it then should be only valid for 60 days even though it is signed and sealed...I have to bring it to the immigration interview...by doing that, only 60 days.

Comment

Man, sorry to hear about that...mine is in NYC, the middle of this pandemic........

Thanks for the link...I thought since I did not submit the medical exam with I-485, meaning USCIS never received my medical exam to review it, it then should be only valid for 60 days even though it is signed and sealed...I have to bring it to the immigration interview...by doing that, only 60 days.
                          Hi. Can you share your timeline. I am NYC too. I am waiting for schedule my interview?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X