Asylee greencard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylee greencard

Hi , I was granted asylee status on March 2019, then I got married on July 2019. Now I am ready to apply for a green card. However, my husband has a pending asylum case which seems gonna take longer to be scheduled for interview.
    my question is can I add him on my green card application as beneficiary? People telling me different stories even lawyers. I am very confused.
    He wasn’t on my initial asylum application but he is my spouse now.
    If I can add him to my application do we have to withdraw his asylum case? How and when ? Thank you

Originally posted by Hellofromotherside View Post
    Hi , I was granted asylee status on March 2019, then I got married on July 2019. Now I am ready to apply for a green card. However, my husband has a pending asylum case which seems gonna take longer to be scheduled for interview.
    my question is can I add him on my green card application as beneficiary? People telling me different stories even lawyers. I am very confused.
    He wasn’t on my initial asylum application but he is my spouse now.
    If I can add him to my application do we have to withdraw his asylum case? How and when ? Thank you
    NO ! You can't ! As you were granted asylum status before your marriage and that person (Your present spouse) had no legal relationship with you at the time when you applied for asylum . Obviously he is not your derivative relative or beneficiary of the approval decision of your asylum application. Your asylum status is limited solely to you to enjoy further immigration benefits. You gotta mention him in form i-485 as your present legal spouse and his present immigration status which is pending asylum (C08).
    In case you get your green card before he gets any decision on his asylum application, Then you can do something to get green card for him.Hope i answered your question.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X