Immigration Interview Cancelled....now what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Interview Cancelled....now what

As expected...my immigration interview been canceled...for 04/09 in NYC.

Since I have not submitted a medical exam along with I-485, I have to bring the medical results to the interview. The results are valid for 60 days...

Now given that they canceled the interview, can I mail the medical exam results to them, or I have to redo my exam?

God damn I wish they can just approve the case.......this is so fked.

My interview cancelled second time first it was scheduled on 03/16/2020 and secondly it was scheduled on 04/21/2020.

Interview Cancelled And Notice Ordered

On March 31, 2020, we cancelled your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxx, and mailed you a cancellation notice. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if we need something from you. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by April 30, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Hopefully they just approve the case.
    Timeline:
    11/28/2019 Package Delivered- I485,I130,I765,I131
    12/09/2019 Received receipts
    01/26/2020 Fingerprints Notice
    02/03/2020 Fingerprints Completed
    02/09/2020 I693 courtesy letter
    02/14/2020 Interview scheduled for 03/26/2020
    03/14/2020 Interview Cancelled
    03/27/2020 Interview Rescheduled to 04/21/2020
    04/01/2020 Interview Cancelled again
    04/02/2020 Case is ready to schedule interview

Comment

Originally posted by arwr25dollars View Post
      As expected...my immigration interview been canceled...for 04/09 in NYC.

Since I have not submitted a medical exam along with I-485, I have to bring the medical results to the interview. The results are valid for 60 days...

Now given that they canceled the interview, can I mail the medical exam results to them, or I have to redo my exam?

God damn I wish they can just approve the case.......this is so fked.
      The results are valid for 60 days if they are done before sending I485. If they are done after sending I485 they are valid for 2 years from civil surgeon signature:
      https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/...rt-b-chapter-4

You just need to bring the sealed envelope to your interview, even if they reschedule in a month or two.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Case Status changed to Ready to scheduled interview today
        Timeline:
        11/28/2019 Package Delivered- I485,I130,I765,I131
        12/09/2019 Received receipts
        01/26/2020 Fingerprints Notice
        02/03/2020 Fingerprints Completed
        02/09/2020 I693 courtesy letter
        02/14/2020 Interview scheduled for 03/26/2020
        03/14/2020 Interview Cancelled
        03/27/2020 Interview Rescheduled to 04/21/2020
        04/01/2020 Interview Cancelled again
        04/02/2020 Case is ready to schedule interview

Comment

Originally posted by mikenow54 View Post
          Case Status changed to Ready to scheduled interview today
          Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

The results are valid for 60 days if they are done before sending I485. If they are done after sending I485 they are valid for 2 years from civil surgeon signature:

You just need to bring the sealed envelope to your interview, even if they reschedule in a month or two.
            Unfortunately...I just checked with my attorney and the pink paper they sent me...i have to redo the exam even it is in a sealed envelope..I think that 2 years is for after USCIS got your medical results...But thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

Just called USCIS...they said given the current situation...they accepted anything between 03/01 to 05/01...so the medical exams are good

Comment

I think it's best to wait until you get a notice from the USCIS on the future acceptance of your medical exam. Perhaps they may make an exception.
                --Good luck--
                Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by mikenow54 View Post
                  My interview cancelled second time first it was scheduled on 03/16/2020 and secondly it was scheduled on 04/21/2020.

Interview Cancelled And Notice Ordered

On March 31, 2020, we cancelled your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxx, and mailed you a cancellation notice. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if we need something from you. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by April 30, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Hopefully they just approve the case.
                  Your 1st interview was canceled and rescheduled pretty quickly! That gives me hope that USCIS prioritizes the interviews canceled due to the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by arwr25dollars View Post

Just called USCIS...they said given the current situation...they accepted anything between 03/01 to 05/01...so the medical exams are good
                    That's great news!! Because having to pay that medical exam a 2nd time would be such a headache with the situation we are living.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X