Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Medical Examination Expatriation Date

Hello,

I had my medical examination done last June (2019) and sent it in with my package (i485,i765,i130) in August. I'm wondering if that will expire even though the USCIS has it and has had it for a while now? How long until it expires once the USCIS has it? I'm still waiting on my EAD and Green Card.

If the date the civil surgeon signed your medical examination is less than 60 days to the date they received your I485 package, your exam is valid for 2 years.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
      If the date the civil surgeon signed your medical examination is less than 60 days to the date they received your I485 package, your exam is valid for 2 years.
      so if i was about to bring my medical exam signed in a sealed envelope to the interview...but the interview cancelled and rescheduled...i have to redo my medical exams given it will be >60days?

Comment

Originally posted by arwr25dollars View Post

so if i was about to bring my medical exam signed in a sealed envelope to the interview...but the interview cancelled and rescheduled...i have to redo my medical exams given it will be >60days?
        No, it is valid for 2 years if the civil surgeon signed the form after USCIS received your I485. As long as the envelope stays sealed.
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

No, it is valid for 2 years if the civil surgeon signed the form after USCIS received your I485. As long as the envelope stays sealed.
          Thanks. So you are saying even I did not file my I-485 with my medical I-693 as I plan to bring it to the interview, it is still valid for 2 years? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by arwr25dollars View Post

Thanks. So you are saying even I did not file my I-485 with my medical I-693 as I plan to bring it to the interview, it is still valid for 2 years? Thank you.
            Yes, according to https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/...rt-b-chapter-4 you can submit the I-693 after filing I-485 and it is valid for 2 years. You should only submit it as directed either by sending it with I-485, bring it to your interview or by responding to an RFE.

Note: there are some lawyers that insist that the medical exam is only valid for 60 days. Some officers had this idea back when they changed from 1 year to 2 years (November 01, 2018), I don't think this happens anymore.
            ---

Comment

Yes, according to https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/...rt-b-chapter-4 you can submit the I-693 after filing I-485 and it is valid for 2 years. You should only submit it as directed either by sending it with I-485, bring it to your interview or by responding to an RFE.

Note: there are some lawyers that insist that the medical exam is only valid for 60 days. Some officers had this idea back when they changed from 1 year to 2 years (November 01, 2018), I don't think this happens anymore.
              very helpful! Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X