Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concurrent Adjustment (I-130 and I-485) with new I-944

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of filing for a one step adjustment for my mom who is present in the US currently. I know that they recently added an I-944 that my mom needs to file on top of everything else, but I am wondering how it impacts her specifically. I know that they look at 5 main factors so here are her stats below:

Health: No problems
    Family Status: Parent of US citizen
    Income/Assets: None, has been in the US for 9 months (overstayed visa)
    Education Skills: High School Education (Foreign), Low level service job experience outside of US

My questions are the following:

1) What are her chances of getting denied, specifically due to her having low education and skill?
    2) i-944 stresses a lot on public benefits, but she has not received any since she is only a tourist. Is USCIS looking mostly at people that have been in the US and have used public benefits, or would it apply to her as well (Possible Liability?)
    3) How much of a strength does i-864 play now? We are using a family member as a sponsor who barely makes the 125% poverty cut, but at the same time I am about to get a high paying job. Should we wait until my job is in place to present a stronger "case"?

Thank you for the help.

anyone?

Comment

Mmkrt001,

This may be a good starting place: ********* recently started offering a tool to determine simulated risk re: i-944

Obviously take their overall risk level with a pinch of salt (especially on credit scores and general debt), but it might help?

J
      Last edited by ceci1073; 05-11-2020, 09:10 AM.
      Concurrent Filing AOS - married to U.S. Citizen (i130, i130a, i131, i485, i765, i864, i944)

24Mar2020: Receipt Date: Chicago Lockbox
      23Apr2020: NOA1: (text message).
      09June2020: Expedite Request for I-765 Approved.
      10June2020: I-765 "Case was Approved"
      20July2020: Biometrics
      09August2020: EAD Received
      18August2020: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview

Comment

Irishoxford thanks for the link. I tried it out and it gave the results that I pretty much expected - moderate risk. I am now wondering how to make the case stronger and how much of a weighing does I-864 have if I-944 indicates weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Mmkrt001 View Post
          Irishoxford thanks for the link. I tried it out and it gave the results that I pretty much expected - moderate risk. I am now wondering how to make the case stronger and how much of a weighing does I-864 have if I-944 indicates weaknesses.
          HI Mmkrt001,

I am also looking to file for parents-in-law. Were you able to file the application for your Mom. If yes, Please provide any tips for others.

Thanks

Comment

These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

Under INA 212(a)(4), officers are required to consider specific minimum fa

Things can help: Health insurance is a high positive factor

* health insurance (maybe your kid can add u through their employer)
            * having English exam and certificate or ESL class if you didn't studied High school in English

Comment

Mmkrt001, From my reading of the rules, they are expected to look at all the factors in totality and while their could be some negative points, they could get balanced by a robust affidavit of support (I-864). Remember that until around 2018, an affidavit of support by itself was practically sufficient to ensure approval. If I was in your situation, I’d definitely supplement the application with as best of an I-864 I can provide. Hope this helps! Let us know how it went for you!
              USC filed AOS for parents on B2. I am not a lawyer.
              Timeline
              7/21 <— 2 sets of I-130/485/944/864/131/765/693 reached Chicago Lockbox
              8/4 <— Checks cashed
              8/5 <— I-797 SMS
              8/24 <— Biometrics completed
              10/19 <— I-485 ("New Card Is Being Produced")
              10/20 <— I-130 and I-485 ("Case Was Approved")
              10/22 <— I-130 and I-485 Approval notices received
              10/28 <— Green card#1 received
              11/07 <— Green card#2 received

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X