Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waivers without interviews?? YES/ NO/ MAYBE ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waivers without interviews?? YES/ NO/ MAYBE ???

So here is what I’ve read and gathered so far about the waivers and such concerns. It’s more of a possibility for work based cases, for persons who came here on k1 who’d have initially had an interview before coming here, parents who are filing for their children and vice versa. But for marriage based it’s a bit more of a technicality. The two cases that I saw where the interview was waived they had an initial Interview and the interview that was waived would have been the second interview/ stokes interview. The other case that I read was something along the line of filing i130 first back in 2016 or something then i485 some time last year. And they too had an interview for the i130 which they said was similar to the i485 interview. As it relates to EAD they are still working on them, and quite a few people are getting issued their cards. This is definitely great for those who can work. But on the other hand some people can’t work because at the moment most places are closed down and a travel card isn’t that much helpful when you can’t travel beyond your front door!?? but if you have to work and you can then be careful as much as possible.
    another point to mention, I asked my lawyer about these situations and he said yes uscis can ofcourse waive interviews but they won’t just hand out gc to everyone especially before vetting who you are and if you’re relationship is real etc. he said for now they have a tentative reopening date in May and hopefully by then things can slowly return to normal where interviews are concerned. However there will obviously be a back log and there is no denying that. But in the event that things get worse where the virus is concerned and the offices are closed down for even longer... then they might have to take some other form of action. But who knows what that will be???!!! Feel free to reply and express your concerns but please keep it courtesy and respectful of your other immihelp users. Thanks
    Marriage AOS (from tourist visa)
    Received Nov 4th& Priority Date also Nov 4th
    I130 i485 & work permit (did not apply for travel documents )

Nov 15 received 2 hard copies for NOA
    Nov 22 Received biometrics appointment Notice
    Biometrics done, Dec 2nd.

Jan 6 2020 courtesy letter for missing medical (dated Dec 31 2019, mailed Jan 2nd 2020)
    Ready to be scheduled for interview (Jan 31st 2020)

“Nothing can stop Gods plan for your life” Isaiah 14:27

Thanks for sharing this info. I was wondering what they were going to do as well as far as interviews. I’m in CT and have been waiting for the interview to be scheduled since 11/2019.
    Field Office: Hartford, CT
    PD: 5/21/2019
    Filed forms: I-130; I-485; I-765
    B1/B/2 married to USC
    5/21/2019: I-130 and I-484 received
    7/12/2019: fingerprint review complete
    8/29/2019: received rejected form I-485 due to bounced check
    9/11/2019: mailed new I-485 with new check and I-765
    10/22/2019: biometrics complete
    11/22/2019: ready to schedule interview
    12/18/2019: called USCIS and request exp on I-485
    12/20/2019: Expedite received and complete