Any waived interviews??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any waived interviews??

hello all! I hope your cases are moving and things are looking up. We are December fillers waiting for our interview to be scheduled in FL. Apart from the Pittsburgh waived interviews, are there other states waiving interviews? Does anyone know anything new? This is nerv wracking. Thank y'all
    Marriage AOS (from F1 student)
    Received Dec 10th & Priority Date also Dec 10th
    Dec 22 received 2 hard copies for NOA
    Dec 30 Received biometrics appointment Notice
    Biometrics done, January 2nd.
    No Biometrics update so far

i693 courtesy letter

From what I read:
    - several people received approvals without interviews
    - I-693 must be submitted (with the I-485 or received an RFE to submit the I-693, even if they received a courtesy letter before)
    - many had their interviews scheduled for late March and early April

You should know if your interview is being waived if you receive an RFE asking for your I-693, if not and they reopen the centers for interviews (need to see at what capacity), you could either receive an interview date or an RFE.

Do you want to talk about nerve-wracking? Having your PD current in 2019 then retrogression. This year almost current again but very likely to retrogress again before becoming current. We can't do anything but renew EAD and keep waiting to be current again. EB case.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
      From what I read:
      - several people received approvals without interviews
      - I-693 must be submitted (with the I-485 or received an RFE to submit the I-693, even if they received a courtesy letter before)
      - many had their interviews scheduled for late March and early April

You should know if your interview is being waived if you receive an RFE asking for your I-693, if not and they reopen the centers for interviews (need to see at what capacity), you could either receive an interview date or an RFE.

Do you want to talk about nerve-wracking? Having your PD current in 2019 then retrogression. This year almost current again but very likely to retrogress again before becoming current. We can't do anything but renew EAD and keep waiting to be current again. EB case.
      THANKS FOR TELLING ME...
      I have not read experiences from people with waived interviews other than those with Pittsburgh as their F.O. I do not understand why there are that many differences between field offices... I am sorry for the time you have been waiting. THIS IS SO UNFAIR.
      Please, if someone had their interview waived, share it here...

i693 courtesy letter

Comment

Originally posted by alondra View Post

THANKS FOR TELLING ME...
        I have not read experiences from people with waived interviews other than those with Pittsburgh as their F.O. I do not understand why there are that many differences between field offices... I am sorry for the time you have been waiting. THIS IS SO UNFAIR.
        From what I understand, USCIS is only waiving employment-based green card interviews. I think federal law dictates interviews must be held for family-based petitions.

Comment

Our friends got their interview waived in Boston and got their GCs. They are EB1, interview was scheduled for the very beginning of April, never happened, they got RFE for i693. We are EB3, had interview in Lawrence the very beginning of March, we were told after interview that we were approved only for me to find out from this forum later that our category is not current Applying for EAD renewals this Tuesday as my driving license was only issued until expiry date of current EAD
          My understanding is the only people getting interviews waived are employment based categories who had their interviews scheduled but never happened. If your interview was not scheduled before closure - I don’t think anything will happen. We are waiting now for our category to go current but have absolutely no hope of getting GCs before October

Comment

Originally posted by RN1112 View Post
            Our friends got their interview waived in Boston and got their GCs. They are EB1, interview was scheduled for the very beginning of April, never happened, they got RFE for i693. We are EB3, had interview in Lawrence the very beginning of March, we were told after interview that we were approved only for me to find out from this forum later that our category is not current Applying for EAD renewals this Tuesday as my driving license was only issued until expiry date of current EAD
            My understanding is the only people getting interviews waived are employment based categories who had their interviews scheduled but never happened. If your interview was not scheduled before closure - I don’t think anything will happen. We are waiting now for our category to go current but have absolutely no hope of getting GCs before October
            This is really chaotic. Whats the solution that you have? Everything is messed up. I've seen marriage based interviews waived in Pittsburgh. I do not know why they don't treat people equally

i693 courtesy letter

Comment

Just following up - ours was marriage-based and interview waived at Pittsburgh FO
              F1 AOS though marriage to a USC
              Field Office: Pittsburgh
              10/11: AOS package sent
              10/15: NOA
              11/01: Fees withdrawn from bank
              11/01: Biometrics notice
              11/22: Biometrics appointment
              12/05: Emergency advanced parole received
              02/11: Interview notice
              03/17: Interview scheduled
              03/17: Interview cancelled
              04/01: RFE bona fide marriage
              05/01: RFE delivered to USCIS
              05/15: Case approved
              05/21: GC delivered

Comment

It is certainly great news that interviews are being waived and that individuals receive the respective immigrant benefit in the end. However, I would want to err on the side of business/federal protocol; as I would rather not believe that there is disparity in decisions based on the difference in states. LOL, no not I'm naïve, I just don't want to be bitter, lol.

In general, though it may seem that some states and types of applications may receive waived interviews, more than others, I think it boils down to what and how the initial application is submitted. Certainly, the submission of a completely error proof form that has highly weighted or substantial evidence, along with the ability of USCIS to waive interviews based on binding federal guidelines or allowances have to be considered. Overall, we should all aim to submit everything we can, the first chance we get, to avoid RFEs. The rest is up to them, we can only stay positive in the process as we wait, even though we are annoyed that existing statuses are expiring.

I filed for removal of conditions (ROC) on May 4th-delivered to Phoenix Lockbox on May 6, 2020. We are still waiting on the receipt and can't help but noticing that others in different states, received theirs a week after they submitted. The wait is aggravating yet we remain hopeful and patient that all will be well.

All the best everyone.
                7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
                10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
                7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
                8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
                5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

Originally posted by alondra View Post

THANKS FOR TELLING ME...
                  I don't understand why Pittsburgh waiving interview and I have not heard anything from them since I had my interview over a year and 6 months. Everything time I called they told me to wait the last time I call few days ago they told me that I am in active review I am over my timeline and still no word from them
                  May 02, 18 - File all forms together
                  May 02, 18 - Finger print fees received
                  May 06, 18 - I-765 Return for missing signature and was mail back out same day
                  May 11, 18 - I-765 Received
                  May 18, 18 - RFIE
                  May 29, 18 - Both finger print done
                  June 5, 18 - RFIE Received
                  Sep 21, 18 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
                  Sep 21, 18 - Interview Was Scheduled
                  Oct 31, 18 - Interview complete
                  Jan 18, 19 - EAD New Card Is Being Produced
                  Jan 25, 19 - EAD Received in hand

Comment

I had my interview scheduled on 19th march and on 18th they suspended in person interview... no real updates since then. Also I had received a courtesy letter for I-693 and i was gonna take it to my interview but i guess now I have to wait till they update.
                    City: Denver, CO
                    Marriage Based AOS (130,485,765)
                    SC: NBC
                    8/5 PD
                    9/3 Bio done
                    12/5 SMS for 485 RFIE
                    12/10 Response sent
                    12/17 USCIS began working on your case
                    1/16/20 Expedite I-765
                    1/20 Filed I-131
                    1/31 Expedite approved I-765
                    2/10 Ready for schedule
                    2/14 EAD card in hand
                    2/19 Interview scheduled for 3/19
                    5/12 AP card received
                    3/18 Interview cancelled due to Covid
                    8/28 Interview scheduled for 10/2
                    10/2 interview done, approved on the spot

Comment

I see the only marriage based waived interviews are in Pittsburgh. I do not understand why other people are waiting for so long. I feel there is a lot of "discrimination". I am sure they do their work as good as they can, but there's too much disparity...
                      Is there any new scheduled interviews? my interview is ready to be scheduled since March

i693 courtesy letter

Comment

I recently recieved a second rfe for I-693 and request of bonafide marriage. I'm required to mail in these documents, so I guess that my interview is being waived too. I'm in New Jersey.
                        USC Spouse, Dallas field office
                        01/22/19 Priority date(I-130)
                        02/16/19 Sent priority mail to USCIS (I-485 & I-765)
                        02/22/19 Got delivered to USCIS
                        02/26/19 credit card charged and got 2 NoA texts
                        03/02/19 NOA mail received
                        03/09/19Biometrics appointment notice for March 20
                        03/14/19 rfie response sent
                        03/15/19 USCIS receives rfie response
                        03/25/19 I-693 courtesy letter
                        05/14/19 Ready to be scheduled for an interview
                        08/31/19 ead card delivered
                        11/04/19 I-485 interview scheduled

Comment

Hello all,
                          At last my 485 looks like it’s approved I believe!!! Email notification came @6:30pm and website case status on website says new card being produced My petition was for family based. A parent of USC. Processing timeline was 8 months 11 days. Interview waived it appears.
                          Boston FO

Timeline

12/1/2019 - I30/I485//I765 Filed concurrently with lawyer. Packet sent to Chicago
                          12/9/2019 - Packet received by USCIS / Priority date
                          12/16/2019 NOA Receipts mailed to me by NBC
                          12/20/2019 - Biometrics notice date by NBC
                          1/6/2020 - FingerPrints taken
                          2/3/2020 - RFIE notice date Mailed by NBC regarding form I-864. Some confusion about the petitioner income and financial sponsor
                          3/9/2020 - Response Received by USCIS (NBC)
                          3/13/2020 - courtesy letter for medical form I693
                          5/14/2020 - EAD card being produced
                          5/15/2020 - Form I765 approved
                          5/19/2020 EAD mailed
                          5/20/2020 USPS picked up as priority mail
                          5/21/2020 EAD delivered
                          6/23/2020 - Form I30 approved
                          6/25/2020 - Form 485 RFE additional info needing incomplete legal docs and medical form to send back by mail. This RFE notice took forever to get to me from notice date. It was mailed from Boston FO but I didn’t get it until 7/9/2020
                          8/7/2020 - Mailed Medical and Response to RFE mailed back to Boston FO
                          8/20/20 Form 485 new card being produced
                          8/21/20 Form 485 Case approved notification
                          8/27/20 Form 485 approval notice arrived in the mail
                          9/4/20 Form 485 Card was mailed update on USCIS website. (no email notification though)

Last edited by LPR82020; 09-05-2020, 05:32 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X