Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rfie i-864

Hi guys,

I really need some inputs about RFIE I just received. They couldn't determine 125%'s sponsor (my husband) income.

2019 income was like 18k but my husband just graduated from college and his current income is 30k. The problem is we submitted 3 months pay steps, employment letter & 2019 tax return. How do we proof that he's making more 125% guideline?

thanks.

How many are you in your household? Just the 2 of you or do you have other dependents like kids or parents?

I’m thinking you may have to write a cover letter to explain yourself and resubmit all documents for last year’s income as well as the current year’s income. By all documents I mean employment/offer letter, pay stubs, bank statements, tax documents, etc... You had indicated that you’ve already sent some of the documents, I’m guessing you may need to add a cover letter/note to explain yourself.

I wish you well in this endeavor.
    Mar/25 => Application sent to Chicago lockbox
    22 <= 4 I-797Cs received by mail
    57 <= Courtesy letter for I-693 received
    129 <= Bio appointment for Aug/13
    159 <= Interview scheduled for Oct/6
    165 <= New card being produced
    169 <= I765&I131 approved
    196 <= New card being produced
    197 <= Card mailed
    Oct/10 = 2yr GC in hand
    Aug/18 = I-751 applied
    Aug/15 = I-751 approved
    Aug/18 = 10yr GC in hand
    Oct/20 = N400 Interview and Oath ceremony

Comment

Originally posted by aph View Post
      How many are you in your household? Just the 2 of you or do you have other dependents like kids or parents?

I’m thinking you may have to write a cover letter to explain yourself and resubmit all documents for last year’s income as well as the current year’s income. By all documents I mean employment/offer letter, pay stubs, bank statements, tax documents, etc... You had indicated that you’ve already sent some of the documents, I’m guessing you may need to add a cover letter/note to explain yourself.

I wish you well in this endeavor.
      Household size is 2. He's gov employee and making more than 30k but he has been at his new job for like 4 months. Idk if we should wait until we get 6 months of pay stubs. We already submitted employment letter/pay stubs for 3 months but we got RFIE. Here's what I found:

"you may include evidence supporting your claim about your expected income for the current year if you believe that submitting this evidence will help you establish ability to maintain sufficient income. You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a U.S. Government official. For example, you may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer’s address and telephone number, and indicating your annual salary. You may also provide pay stubs showing your income for the previous six months. If your claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest income, or income from any other source, you may also include evidence of that income."

Comment

Any experience?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X