Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RFE for many things I already sent - how to tell what's wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE for many things I already sent - how to tell what's wrong?

I got a RFE that I find fairly baffling. It asks for, among other things,
    1) a birth certificate (one matching description in link was included in application)
    2) proof of citizenship of the i-864 sponsor (biographical page of unexpired US passport was included in application)

Additionally, for some other documents, they specified things which the document already contained. For example, for the I-864, it says "You must provide the promoting sponsor's Social Security Number" and "a complete and correctly calculated household size" The I-864 does indeed contain the SSN and household size. Are those just examples of possible errors, or are they claiming these things are somehow missing?

Some of the other things they asked for, I can see that maybe they didn't like something about it, but those seem very straightforward, and I don't know how we could submit anything different (maybe scans in color instead of black and white?).

Is it possible that they just lost the things or couldn't find them? I used some documents, like tax returns, as supporting evidence for both i-864 and I-944, rather than sending two copies.

As for some of the other things, if they won't tell me, what are the common errors I should watch out for?

Form I-485: it says all pages are not present or current. I see two possible reasons for this - I didn't answer the dreaded questions 10 and 11, and I didn't include pages 18 and 19, because I didn't have an interpreter or a preparer. Are there other typical mistakes?

If there's something wrong with what I sent, is there any way of finding out what the specific problem is by calling or writing?

Thanks

Last edited by Promezclan; 06-04-2020, 09:21 PM.

If the US Citizen is a birth Citizen send the birth certificate, if not a copy of Naturalization Cert along with the Bio Page.
    Take each form and paperclip all evidence for that form. Each form should have its own Copies. They shouldn't have to make the copies for each individual form.
    Include all pages of Forms even if blank. Answer All questions.
    4-18-18 PD
    4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
    9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
    10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
    10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
    10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
    11-13-18 Interview
    11-13-18 New card being produced
    11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
    11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...