Using your Conditional Green card for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using your Conditional Green card for the first time

Good morning everyone. Hopefully everyone is safe and healthy.

Question for anyone who had recently granted a green card either conditional or permanent.

We are traveling to Mexico next month and I feel a little concerned we might have issues coming back.

Have anyone traveled internationally after receiving theirs?

Also we went to get his state ID before he got his conditional green card and was issued a regular ID not a real id compliance.

Then after he got his conditional green card we went to get his license and again he got a regular license not a real id compliance.

When we went there they had to call a "field office" so the records be adjusted from a work permit to a permanent resident. They told us that it seemed that the system was not updated to show him being a permanent resident, she also said it was good for him the record get updated. But she didn't say which system if it was theirs (secretary of state) or immigration. I found that weird but at the end they issued the license. But like I said not a real id, even after we requested one.

So because of all the above, I feel concerned we might have issues? what do you think?
    B2 Visa Overstayed-Concurrent Filing AOS
    FO- Detroit, Michigan/NBC

4/23/20 GC in hand
    NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER- I 751

1/28/2022 I-751 mailed out
    2/1/2022 Receipt notice date
    3/28/2022 Status chaged to fingerprints applied to our case

When You travel you need green card and passports t get back in the country. The state ID and Drivers license do not come into play at all for this., I live in Mass and in order to get a Real ID and License we had to bring recent bills and passport and such (I forget what else is on list) and if you didn't have them you got a regular ID. Real ID is good for flying domestically and getting in federal buildings and such. otherwise you need passport.
    4-18-18 PD
    4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
    9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
    10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
    10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
    10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
    11-13-18 Interview
    11-13-18 New card being produced
    11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
    11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

Originally posted by MGarza78 View Post
      Good morning everyone. Hopefully everyone is safe and healthy.

Question for anyone who had recently granted a green card either conditional or permanent.

We are traveling to Mexico next month and I feel a little concerned we might have issues coming back.

Have anyone traveled internationally after receiving theirs?

Also we went to get his state ID before he got his conditional green card and was issued a regular ID not a real id compliance.

Then after he got his conditional green card we went to get his license and again he got a regular license not a real id compliance.

When we went there they had to call a "field office" so the records be adjusted from a work permit to a permanent resident. They told us that it seemed that the system was not updated to show him being a permanent resident, she also said it was good for him the record get updated. But she didn't say which system if it was theirs (secretary of state) or immigration. I found that weird but at the end they issued the license. But like I said not a real id, even after we requested one.

So because of all the above, I feel concerned we might have issues? what do you think?
      Yes no issues at all when travelling to get back in. You must be prepared to show the green card. The ID is not a travel document. I still took my other travel documents. All the best.
      Last edited by Hotaru-Grace; 06-30-2020, 01:28 PM.
      7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
      10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
      7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
      8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
      5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

Information on immigrants and non-immigrants are transferred from USCIS to various databases. That may have been the reason for delays.
        However, you should not experience any issues at the border as CBP will have up to date information
        Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X