Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I file I-485 by myself?

Hi:

Can I file I-485 by myself for the employment based application ?

Yes, you may, if your sponsor is very coperative with you, and you do have the original responses and documents submitted earlier from your LC and 140 application processing.

I have done the exact thing and it helps you to get intimated of anything first.

Moreover, you might also need certain documents from your sponsor which they may not like you to be aware of the details.

Best thing to do is you prepare everything and as far the rest of the documents needed, work with your sponsor and get it mailed from them, so you will be notified on everything and not your sponsor or their attorney.

It again depends on your sponsor's willingness to loose control over the process.

Good Luck.

Comment

Yes you can. As a matter of fact during a 485 YOU file your self , different from LC or 140 where YOUR employer filed on your behalf. The only paper that your company need to provide if the 140 approved and a letter to document the intend to hire you as a full time employee upon approval of your 485.
      not a legal advice!

Comment

485 question

Hi all:

If their is a sponsor A LC and 140 cleared. I work for co. B. Is there any way to file 485 from A, but not go to work for them? A is very co-operative. or how it is checked that I work for co. A?

Thanks in advance,

Comment

A and B

Not a recommended option because you are breaking the law! The intend is to work for the employer that sponsor the GC! and the employer should have the intend to hire you. Check with your legal adviser

Comment

Re: A and B

GC is for a future Job so it is o.k to File for a GC though not working for the same company but a interview may be emminent.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X