is it any help to speed the interview by sending an inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it any help to speed the interview by sending an inquiry

I got my case is ready to be an interview since March, It's been 6 months, my case is still showing the same thing, I want to know if I send an inquiry, it is any help?

Unless your case is out of normal processing time, probably not.

Also, COVID delays are probably what’s been keeping it slow.
    Canadian on F-1 married to USC (SSM)
    Field office: Manhattan/NYC

09/21/2019: Delivered to Chicago
    09/25/2019: Fees charged
    09/30/2019: Case received
    10/04/2019: Biometrics appt received
    10/15/2019: Fingerprints taken
    10/16/2019: Fingerprint review complete
    11/14/2019: Ready to be scheduled

Comment

Originally posted by meetcute99 View Post
      I got my case is ready to be an interview since March, It's been 6 months, my case is still showing the same thing, I want to know if I send an inquiry, it is any help?
      Do you actually have an EAD card? if so, when will be expired?
      05/08/20: I-485, I-765, I-131, I-944 sent to USCIS
      05/13 Rejected due to lack of I-864
      05/27 resubmitted with explanation
      06/03 Rejected again-same reason
      06/13 Resubmitted with I-864
      07/07 Lockbox emailed back and ask to resubmit
      07/09 Filings accepted with PD 05/08/20 (nice)
      08/06 Prior biometrics applied to I485
      08/28 Took biometrics for I-765 only
      09/28 I-765's Cards Ordered
      10/02 EAD/AP received
      04/12 Interview Sched
      05/11 Interview done approval on the spot but no USCIS update online

Comment

Originally posted by meetcute99 View Post
        We've been waiting for an interview since early December of last year. Then in June the date got reset to end of June. Two weeks ago, I submitted an inquiry. I know technically we're still within the processing times, but these go up to 35 months! Insane. I will see if they get back to me and what they say. I specifically asked why our date was reset and it erased the 6.5 months we'd already been waiting. They may well say we're within processing times and not even respond to my question. I can update here if and when I hear from them.

Comment

Originally posted by historian View Post

We've been waiting for an interview since early December of last year. Then in June the date got reset to end of June. Two weeks ago, I submitted an inquiry. I know technically we're still within the processing times, but these go up to 35 months! Insane. I will see if they get back to me and what they say. I specifically asked why our date was reset and it erased the 6.5 months we'd already been waiting. They may well say we're within processing times and not even respond to my question. I can update here if and when I hear from them.
          What state are you in? I’ve been ready to schedule interview since November
          Field Office: Hartford, CT
          PD: 5/21/2019
          Filed forms: I-130; I-485; I-765
          B1/B/2 married to USC
          5/21/2019: I-130 and I-484 received
          7/12/2019: fingerprint review complete
          8/29/2019: received rejected form I-485 due to bounced check
          9/11/2019: mailed new I-485 with new check and I-765
          10/22/2019: biometrics complete
          11/22/2019: ready to schedule interview
          12/18/2019: called USCIS and request exp on I-485
          12/20/2019: Expedite received and complete
          12/26/2019: I-765 approved

Comment

Originally posted by HartfordCtFilerI-485 View Post

What state are you in? I’ve been ready to schedule interview since November
            We're in VA, with the field office being in Northern VA/DC area. Basically, I've seen no evidence that they've resumed interviews at all since re-opening. If they have reopened. Where are you?

It really sucks that so much depends on your field office. There are people who filed months after we did, and got their green cards in hand within 6 months.

Comment

We're in VA, with the field office being in Northern VA/DC area. Basically, I've seen no evidence that they've resumed interviews at all since re-opening. If they have reopened. Where are you?

It really sucks that so much depends on your field office. There are people who filed months after we did, and got their green cards in hand within 6 months.
              I’m in Hartford, Ct. I have not seen anyone from my area stating they have an interview since they supposedly opened in June. It’s just so depressing.
              Field Office: Hartford, CT
              PD: 5/21/2019
              Filed forms: I-130; I-485; I-765
              B1/B/2 married to USC
              5/21/2019: I-130 and I-484 received
              7/12/2019: fingerprint review complete
              8/29/2019: received rejected form I-485 due to bounced check
              9/11/2019: mailed new I-485 with new check and I-765
              10/22/2019: biometrics complete
              11/22/2019: ready to schedule interview
              12/18/2019: called USCIS and request exp on I-485
              12/20/2019: Expedite received and complete
              12/26/2019: I-765 approved

Comment

I am in NJ. Our case was ready for interview since December 2019. 3 weeks ago I called USCIS customer service and the representative said he was going to mark the case for a review. I did not believe that would do anything about it but 2 weeks later my case became Interview Scheduled. Not sure if that call helped but it doesn't hurt to ask them if the case has been pending for a really long time

Comment

Originally posted by HartfordCtFilerI-485 View Post

I’m in Hartford, Ct. I have not seen anyone from my area stating they have an interview since they supposedly opened in June. It’s just so depressing.
                  Ah, now I see your user name. Yes, depressing is a good word for it... The uncertainty is the worst part for me. No one knows how long we'll wait...

Comment

Originally posted by Liwanj View Post
                    I am in NJ. Our case was ready for interview since December 2019. 3 weeks ago I called USCIS customer service and the representative said he was going to mark the case for a review. I did not believe that would do anything about it but 2 weeks later my case became Interview Scheduled. Not sure if that call helped but it doesn't hurt to ask them if the case has been pending for a really long time
                    Congrats on getting an interview! What level was the officer you talked to who marked the case for review? First level officers seem absolutely useless; just there to give the impression that they answer the phone.

I'm supposed to hear from our request to review the status by 9/24. If I don't hear by then, I'm definitely calling them.

Comment

Congrats on getting an interview! What level was the officer you talked to who marked the case for review? First level officers seem absolutely useless; just there to give the impression that they answer the phone.

I'm supposed to hear from our request to review the status by 9/24. If I don't hear by then, I'm definitely calling them.
                      it was just the first one answered my call. I told him I knew although the case has been pending for 9 months but still within the timeframe, but I just wanted to inquire about it, so he said ok I am gonna mark it for review. I had calls with USCIS before and I knew in most cases this kind of call would not really do anything, so I was surprised to see the status change.

Comment

Originally posted by Liwanj View Post

it was just the first one answered my call. I told him I knew although the case has been pending for 9 months but still within the timeframe, but I just wanted to inquire about it, so he said ok I am gonna mark it for review. I had calls with USCIS before and I knew in most cases this kind of call would not really do anything, so I was surprised to see the status change.
                        With normal customer service, sometimes you get different answers depending on the person you talk to. Maybe there's variability within USCIS too.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X