Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Processing times - Which service center I belong to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing times - Which service center I belong to?

(sorry for asking such a basic question - maybe you could point me to the FAQ where it is explained)

Receipt number for my I-485 starts with MSC which seems to correspond to the National Benefits Center (and USCIS Office address indicated at the I-797C receipt also states National Benefits Center). But when I go to the Processing Times page of USCIS and select I-485 form, their "Field Office or Service Center" list does not have National Benefits Center! Or the receipt number is actually irrelevant and doesn't say anything about the service center my case was assigned to?

Use your field office for an indication of processing times.

Comment

well the question is how do I determine my field office based on the receipt I received?

Comment

Your field office is located in the same city of the address that you put in your I-485 format.

Comment

Field Office Locator

USCIS field offices do not allow walk-ins. You must have an appointment to visit an office.Field offices in the U.S. and its territories provide:Interviews for all non-asylum cas

at the bottom of the page enter your zip code...
          Married to USC: FO: Mount Laurel, NJ
          Concurrent Filing ( i130, 130A, i485, i864, i944, i131, i765)
          04/06/2020: PD: USPS delivered at Chicago Lockbox
          05/08/2020: Received 4 texts (NOAs)
          05/11/2020: NOAs in mail
          06/01/2020: RFIE for the Birth Certificate
          07/09/2020: 'Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received'
          08/10/2020: Biometrics day
          08/10/2020: Case updated to show biometrics
          09/10/2020: I-765 New card is being produced
          09/17/2020: Combo Card in Hand

Comment

Thanks Rph But I thought this is only applicable after my application is transferred to that field office, and normally I would get notification that it happened. In my case, I did not have any updates after the "fingerprints have been applied" (9 months ago). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

This site provides applicants the ability to see an estimate of the time to completion from submission of USCIS forms based on its adjudication location and subtype.

"Note:

If the “USCIS Office” is the National Benefits Center (NBC) and you have filed an employment-based or family-based Form I-485, Form N-400, or Form N-600, you should check processing times for your local field office."

Hope this helps.

So in a nutshell, use your field office timeline as indication of how long your case might process both at MSC & your local FO. So if it shows 9 months. Then thats how long it should take roughly until adjudication from the time they received your case.

Comment

The National Benefits Center doesn’t actually adjudicate cases, it only does the prep work for the individual field offices. I got my green card in about 92 days, while others who filed at the same time waited much longer.

Comment

Too bad they are not notifying when the case is transferred to another service center or field office. I have submitted change of address (NY to CA) request in April so I guess my case should have been transferred - but can't be sure about it.

P.S. Thanks all for the input!

Comment

Originally posted by triv View Post
                    Too bad they are not notifying when the case is transferred to another service center or field office. I have submitted change of address (NY to CA) request in April so I guess my case should have been transferred - but can't be sure about it.

P.S. Thanks all for the input!
                    If it’s a marriage based AOS case.l, it will stay at the NC until your local field office is ready to adjudicate. They wouldn’t have transferred your case to another service center as the NBC has national jurisdiction.

Comment

Originally posted by triv View Post
                      Thanks Rph But I thought this is only applicable after my application is transferred to that field office, and normally I would get notification that it happened. In my case, I did not have any updates after the "fingerprints have been applied" (9 months ago). Correct me if I'm wrong.
                      Change of case status to 'Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview' is a vague marker that indicates your case is moving to your field office.

Married to USC: FO: Mount Laurel, NJ
                      Concurrent Filing ( i130, 130A, i485, i864, i944, i131, i765)
                      04/06/2020: PD: USPS delivered at Chicago Lockbox
                      05/08/2020: Received 4 texts (NOAs)
                      05/11/2020: NOAs in mail
                      06/01/2020: RFIE for the Birth Certificate
                      07/09/2020: 'Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received'
                      08/10/2020: Biometrics day
                      08/10/2020: Case updated to show biometrics
                      09/10/2020: I-765 New card is being produced
                      09/17/2020: Combo Card in Hand

Comment

Originally posted by longee94 View Post

If it’s a marriage based AOS case.l, it will stay at the NC until your local field office is ready to adjudicate. They wouldn’t have transferred your case to another service center as the NBC has national jurisdiction.
                        my case is employment-based (EB2 NIW).

Originally posted by Rph View Post

Change of case status to 'Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview' is a vague marker that indicates your case is moving to your field office.
                        yeah will be waiting for that... Unfortunately in my case the last update was about fingerprints taken, in December...

Just got a reply from USCIS - "case is within our current processing time"

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X