Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biometrics

Hi,

I got my NOA's for I-485, I-765, and I-131 on July 23, 2020. I'm still currently waiting for my biometrics appointment. It's been almost 10 weeks, is this normal? I filed at the Chicago office.

We have the same PD. Still waiting too.
    Adjusting status from H-1B w/ immigration attorney.
    Forms: I-130/I-485

07/23/2020 - Priority date
    08/06/2020 - Text msgs w/ conf numbers
    08/10/2020 - NOAs in the mail
    12/29/2020 - Bio appt dated 12/12 for 1/8
    01/08/2021 - Bio appt, status changed to fingerprints taken
    01/15/2021 - I-485 ready to schedule interview
    02/08/2021 - Interview was scheduled
    02/13/2021 - Interview notice for 03/18
    03/18/2021 - Interview complete
    03/19/2021 - New card is being produced
    03/22/2021 - Case was approved

Comment

Waiting from last 6 months, no Biomerics

Comment

Originally posted by CarlyyP View Post
        Hi,

I got my NOA's for I-485, I-765, and I-131 on July 23, 2020. I'm still currently waiting for my biometrics appointment. It's been almost 10 weeks, is this normal? I filed at the Chicago office.
        lol my priority date is June 29th, 2020. I am still waiting for my biometrics. No signs of an appointment any time soon. They' are still clearing up people from March thru July.

Comment

Waiting for Biometrics too... Dead silent!

Comment

Same here. My date is in Aug 2020. I also got an RFIE. Does that delay the biometric process?
            F2A, Spouse of LPR. Center NBC. FO Seattle
            1/19/20 I-130 filed online
            8/10 I-485,I-131,I-765 sent
            9/05 Got I-797 receipts
            9/14 Got RFIE for lack of I-864
            9/22 Sent response
            10/9 Got I-693 Deficiency Notice
            11/13 Got RFE for lack of I-944
            11/20 Sent I-944
            7/13/21 Got biometric notice
            8/9 Biometric day
            8/13 Ready to be scheduled for interview
            3/1/22 I-130 approved
            3/1 Got RFE for medicals
            3/7 Sent RFE
            3/14 Got EAD
            4/9 Got green card

Comment

Originally posted by CarlyyP View Post
              Hi,

I wouldn't call your experience normal, rather a new normal. The closure of the ASCs for about three or four months created a significant backlog in cases for biometrics. Social distancing rules also make limit the number of people the ASCs can process each day, slowing down clearing the backlog. The matter is not helped by the fact other visas require biometrics, so its not just I485 applicants who are affected. They are trying to clear the backlog by waiving appointments for people (like myself) who already have biometrics on file. It's unfortunate, but as a first-time applicant, all you can do is wait.

Comment

I too got a notice saying they will reuse my prior biometrics data. But what does that really mean? I don’t even see my case status updated saying biometrics / finger print was received or applied.

Originally posted by longee94 View Post

I wouldn't call your experience normal, rather a new normal. The closure of the ASCs for about three or four months created a significant backlog in cases for biometrics. Social distancing rules also make limit the number of people the ASCs can process each day, slowing down clearing the backlog. The matter is not helped by the fact other visas require biometrics, so its not just I485 applicants who are affected. They are trying to clear the backlog by waiving appointments for people (like myself) who already have biometrics on file. It's unfortunate, but as a first-time applicant, all you can do is wait.
                9/30/2019 - Filed I-140 with TSC
                6/15/2020 - RFE Recvd
                7/01/2020 - RFE response sent
                7/28/2020 - I-140 approved
                8/24/2020 : Package sent - I485, I765, I131
                8/26/2020 - Application received by USCIS
                9/05/2020 - 3 NoA created (No txt/sms)
                9/14/2020 - 797 notices in mailbox (9/05 - Receipt date)
                9/17/2020 - Recvd NoA for I-765 (previous biometrics reused)
                9/18/2020 - Recvd NoA for I-485 (previous biometrics reused)

Comment

Originally posted by soulfreezer View Post
                  I too got a notice saying they will reuse my prior biometrics data. But what does that really mean? I don’t even see my case status updated saying biometrics / finger print was received or applied.

It means exactly what it says. It means they have biometric data on file for you, and they will use it to adjudicate your case.

Comment

now I understand. really enlightening!

Originally posted by longee94 View Post

It means exactly what it says. It means they have biometric data on file for you, and they will use it to adjudicate your case.
                    9/30/2019 - Filed I-140 with TSC
                    6/15/2020 - RFE Recvd
                    7/01/2020 - RFE response sent
                    7/28/2020 - I-140 approved
                    8/24/2020 : Package sent - I485, I765, I131
                    8/26/2020 - Application received by USCIS
                    9/05/2020 - 3 NoA created (No txt/sms)
                    9/14/2020 - 797 notices in mailbox (9/05 - Receipt date)
                    9/17/2020 - Recvd NoA for I-765 (previous biometrics reused)
                    9/18/2020 - Recvd NoA for I-485 (previous biometrics reused)

Comment

Waiting for biometrics too. It is really a long wait. Hoping that it comes through soon for everyone in the same boat.

Any idea if the biometrics is connected to I-485 or I-765 application? I filed both the applications separately.

Appreciate the guidance!

Comment

I had biometrics done at my visa interview for my O1 visa. Im wondering if this means i dont have to have them done again for my AOS to PR application. Anyone know? My biometrics were redone in Feb this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ktait View Post
                          I had biometrics done at my visa interview for my O1 visa. Im wondering if this means i dont have to have them done again for my AOS to PR application. Anyone know? My biometrics were redone in Feb this year.
                          It depends on who took your biometrics. If it was USCIS, they can probably apply them to your AOS case. If it was the State Department, I doubt it.

Originally posted by soulfreezer View Post
                          Any idea if the biometrics is connected to I-485 or I-765 application? I filed both the applications separately.
                          You won't need to go for a second appointment.

Comment

[QUOTE=longee94;n744128]

It depends on who took your biometrics. If it was USCIS, they can probably apply them to your AOS case. If it was the State Department, I doubt it.

it was at the american embassey in australia

Comment

NoamTompson, have you received your biometric data yet? I don't know much about biometrics, to be honest, and I tried to google it. I started reading a very interesting article https://recfaces.com/articles/history-of-biometrics about the whole history of biometrics. Who is interested, welcome)
                              Last edited by DeniroDin; 02-21-2021, 06:02 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X