Help no change on my Status!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help no change on my Status!!!!

Hi guys, so please help me on what to do.
    I am USC married my wife who was a on student visa. Our file date is 5-29-20 and we sent everything to Chicago lock box and then got receipt for I-131 I-485 I-130 and I-765. As of today all the case say it was revived nothing has change even though I am outside normal processing time and I put in the request even it say I should hear back something by the 11-24-20 but so far it has not change anything on my case. I have also called them and they put in a request for biometric and still no response on that.

What are my next step? My lawyer keep telling me to wait at this point I am not even sure why I hired him. Please help thanks.

There are thousands of people who are still waiting for biometrics. There is a big backlog, just try to be calm and the bio will arrive soon, hopefully for all of us
    07/07/2020 Application sent to USCIS
    23/07/2020 Checks have been cleared
    28/07/2020 Received 4 NOA receipts in the mail
    06/08/2020 RFIE arrived at the mail (photocopy of Birth Certificate was required with original stamps)
    25/08/2020 USCIS received RFIE and started to process again the application.

Comment

Your lawyer is right. There is nothing to do right now except wait. As Rafael1993 said, there is a huge backlog. USCIS has budget problems, an anti-immigration administration, and COVID. We are all just sitting here waiting for something.
      2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
      4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
      4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
      4/19: Request to expedite EAD
      5/11: Received EAD
      6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
      8/09: Advance Parole approved
      8/29: Scheduled for Interview
      10/11: Interview
      10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
      10/16: Sent new G28
      10/19: Approved!

Comment

Originally posted by rdp0402 View Post
        I am USC married my wife who was a on student visa. Our file date is 5-29-20 and we sent everything to Chicago lock box and then got receipt for I-131 I-485 I-130 and I-765. As of today all the case say it was revived nothing has change even though I am outside normal processing time and I put in the request even it say I should hear back something by the 11-24-20 but so far it has not change anything on my case. I have also called them and they put in a request for biometric and still no response on that.

What are my next step? My lawyer keep telling me to wait at this point I am not even sure why I hired him. Please help thanks.
        Contact the ombudsman: https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

It usually speeds things up.

Comment

Originally posted by rdp0402 View Post

Unfortunately, you are NOT alone. I am married to a USC and we filed back in June 2020, and no biometrics at all either.

My timeline so far:

-01/27/20: Same sex couple, married to USC.
          -06/29/20: Package I-130, I-130A, I-131, I-485, I-693, I-765, I-864, I-864 joint sponsor and I-944 sent via certified mail USPS.
          -06/30/20: Delivered by USPS and signed by Chicago lockbox T Thomas.
          -07/25/20: Checks cashed.
          -07/30/20: Text messages received with case confirmation numbers.
          -07/31/20: Received NOA's in the mail.
          -08/05/20: Received RFIE notification from USCIS for I-485, letter to follow via mail.
          -08/10/20: Received RFIE in the mail asking for my partner's pay stubs for the last 6 months and letter of employment.
          -09/18/20: Mailed out RFIE to Lee-Summit's office.
          -09/21/20: USCIS confirms they've received RFIE.
          -10/27/2020: Called USCIS regarding biometrics appointment not yet scheduled. USCIS send E-Request to Chicago FO.
          -11/10/2020: Immigration officer reaches out to me via phone call to explain the reason I haven't received a biometrics appointment, appointment will come eventually, he doesn't know when.
          -11/23/2020: Called USCIS and submitted another E-Request for biometrics appointment not yet scheduled.

Comment

USCIS is also waiving biometric appointments for applicants who have already received immigration benefits (mainly I-751/N400 applicants). That has probably helped significantly.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X