HELP - Form I765 Returned Twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - Form I765 Returned Twice

HEre's my scenario. I am currently on F1 visa under authorized employment under optional training (OPT - Non Stem). I filed for a permanent residence (I485) form as result of marriage with US Citizen. I filed package of all forms together initially.

First I got a form I765 returned stating my filing fee was incorrect (I submitted $410). Also I had submitted the form under old revision (Stupid mistake) but form was changed same day I mailed the forms.
    Then I refiled everything using right version of 765. The USCIS included their fee charge schedule with previous rejection, which stated Fees for i765 as follows:
    Application for Employment Authorization: 550
    if filing under c8 or c37: filing fee 550 + 30 biometric
    if filing under c33: filing fee 410 + 85 biometric

So I submitted 550 (since I already had paid biometric previously under I485). I again got rejection, now stating my filing fee was incorrect and they want receipt of I485 (Which I just got).

So now before submitting again, can some one please let me know what is the exact fee I need to pay for form I765. I am so confused, I emailed them and don't have my hopes of hearing back. SO can some one doing similar application process let me know best corse of action here.

Thanks Much!!

Also a question for clarification, what is accurate filing category in my instance? I entered C9, which I believe is correct. But wanted to double check, as I didn't find it on their form G1055, which does not show category C9 on there. and document I got from USICS states, which I wrote earlier for fees.

Comment

There’s no filing fee for I-765 if you have a pending I-485.
      Canadian on F-1 married to USC (SSM)
      Field office: Manhattan/NYC

09/21/2019: Delivered to Chicago
      09/25/2019: Fees charged
      09/30/2019: Case received
      10/04/2019: Biometrics appt received
      10/15/2019: Fingerprints taken
      10/16/2019: Fingerprint review complete
      11/14/2019: Ready to be scheduled

Comment

Originally posted by manhattanite View Post
        There’s no filing fee for I-765 if you have a pending I-485.
        is that so? I previously had enclosed extra fees with form and they simply returned check without rejecting whole application. This time they stated one of the reason being incorrect application fee. I am at this point thinking of sending two checks 410 and 550 and they can pick one both or none. Is that good practice?

Comment

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...i-765instr.pdf

Item 12 under exceptions at the top of page 27 on the current instructions for I-765.

Feel free to include the checks but I’m telling you there is no fee in your case. Take it or leave it.

Comment

Originally posted by manhattanite View Post
            https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...i-765instr.pdf

Item 12 under exceptions at the top of page 27 on the current instructions for I-765.

Feel free to include the checks but I’m telling you there is no fee in your case. Take it or leave it.
            Thanks! I am going to highlight and send this along with my form without check, hope it works. Thanks!

Comment

Make sure to include all required supporting documents as listed in the instructions. Hope it works out.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X