Plese read my story and dont ignore and help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plese read my story and dont ignore and help me

My Name is Alizey. I am new member in this group . I should not have share my personal things in this group but my situation brought me here among you. PLEASE READ MY STORY and help and give me correct information.I know my story is long and everyone is busy in their life but if you would help me thru giving me correct information and advice, I will be very grateful to you all.

As I got married with US citizen in USA on status of fiance visa on July 09 2020 and my husband filed my application adjustment of status along with permanent residence after 2 and half month on Sep 22nd 2020. In between our arguments started went on big level my husband started to misbehave and my in laws started to give me hard time too. I tried to get him understood but he and his family very controlling mind.

So I tried to obey their hard rules made for me and accepted my bad luck. I could not share with my old parents living back in my home country. I came here leaving all things in home country because it’s my question of my respect that how I could get divorce and go back to my country.

On Oct 12 2020 USCIS returned my full application with this Note that “credit card number is wrong”.I bit surprised how it can be possible? Then I thought it might be. Again he submitted.

On Oct 30 2020, USCIS sent letter that my case was accepted and they will inform schedule of Biometrics soon. But our arguments were increasing day by day. I felt that they tried to get me in control and treated me as home maid like do all house chores like that and disrespecting my country my values so on.

I was waiting for Biometrics schedule but ,On Dec 02 2020 we got Notice of action from USCIS that you did not submitted form I-944, so this form must be submitted till march 15 2021. I really surprised and asked from husband he said this form’s effectiveness is banned from USA court when your ( means mine) case is submitting. But when I checked online USCIS website this form is effective since Feb 2020.
    I thought he is trying my application getting delayed. So I was in stress and tried to get help from others but I am alone here my family member is not here.Then I thought to get help from this group.

So my questions are here under:
    1. Is my husband doing sincerely or deliberately?
    2. What is timeline from USCIS for getting conditional green card? ( as I read on official website conditional Green card takes 9-10 months).
    3. If conditional green card takes 9-10 months , can husband extend its time or take long by not providing documents or making some errors in documents?
    4. If he can, then how long he can delay that application than given timeline which is 9-10 months on official USCIS website ?
    5. If he submits that form I-944, then can he make delay in biometrics or in getting interview date ?
    I can not understand what should I do ? I am very worry and in stress cannot go back. I want this relationship long lasting and accept their behavior but I think he blackmail me thru this way.
    Please help me and give right advice and correct information. I will be very grateful for you all. If anybody has knowledge more than my questions please share that one too.

Thanks in advance

1) It doesn’t sound to me like he’s trying to sabotage this process. The paperwork for the USCIS can be very difficult. Application rejection and RFEs are not uncommon.
    2) Depends on your location. Queens in NYC is taking up to 40 months.
    3–5) I guess he could, but I’m not sure how.

Your husband is allowed to withdraw his petition at any time, by the way. There’s no way around that short of VAWA.
    Canadian on F-1 married to USC (SSM)
    Field office: Manhattan/NYC

09/21/2019: Delivered to Chicago
    09/25/2019: Fees charged
    09/30/2019: Case received
    10/04/2019: Biometrics appt received
    10/15/2019: Fingerprints taken
    10/16/2019: Fingerprint review complete
    11/14/2019: Ready to be scheduled

Comment

Thank you for reply..your case goes very fast i have not received Biometrics yet still they asked for I-944 ... whereas my case submitted on 22nd sep 2020. they returned full application with note that credit card number is wrong. so do you not feel that he put wrong number deliberately ?

Comment

My case didn’t have to deal with COVID delays, yours does.

I don’t know your husband, so I can’t say if he’s doing this deliberately. Did you not double check anything he did? If not, maybe you should.

Comment

Hi;

First at all, I'm trying to understand what rules you're trying to obey? Look sweetheart, once you are in America, the way of thinking here is very much different ok, you have the freedom to be YOU, forget about the country you're coming from for a minute and enjoy now the freedom that you now have to be yourself.

Are you from Pakistan? What is your husband's heritage?

Do you mind sharing what is your husband's behavior? or why do you say he is misbehaving? Is he threating to hurt you physically? verbal abusing you? blackmailing you? using this adjustment of status as an excuse to make you feel that you own him something? is he cheating on you? is he asking you for money? Why do you say his family also doesn't like you? Didn't you know him/them before obtaining your K1 Visa? How long have you known each other?

Not judging a book by its cover, but be very careful. Getting married with the solely purpose of getting an immigration benefit is very well penalized by the government.

Now, as far as for the I-944 self sufficient form, the second circuit court in the state of NY let it stay on September 11th 2020. Having that said, all applications MUST include this form.

The Biden administration on the other hand, said that they will get rid off completely this form. If your interview comes some time after January 20th 2021 is more likely that this form won't be necessary anymore as USCIS wouldn't even bring it to the interview. But it all depends on how fast the Biden administration will get rid off it. President-elect Biden says he will end the new policy and revert back to the previous public charge guidelines. For adjustment of status applicants, this would likely eliminate the need to submit Form I-944, Declaration of Self Sufficiency. Most new immigrants will likely be required to file Form I-864, Affidavit of Support as normally.

What is happening right now is that you've got a RFE. USCIS will NOT move forward with your application 'till they get that form they're asking for. Once they get that then your process will continue. IT DOES DELAY YOUR PROCESS, the faster you get them that information the better so that your process to keep moving forward. Keep in mind that because of Covid-19 and previous cancelled biometrics appointments there's a delay of almost 4 months. That means that you will not get a biometrics appoint probably for 4-5 months from the moment they accepted your RFE.

What is your field office? That will tell you how long processing times are. But right now they're averaging up to 32 months.

Now I'll answer your questions one by one ok:

1)Yes, he is being honest with you. He probably doesn't know about the I-944 ruling that happened on September 2020.

2)Depends on your field office, but right now because of Covid some can take up to 32 months.

3)Yes, every time you get a RFE it delays your process. So, it is very important to send all they ask for so that they don't ask for anything else and the process keeps moving forward.

4)Again, this is NOT your husband delaying the process. All depends on how fast you send whatever they're asking for.

5)Once you've sent back the form they are asking for and they accepted it, then your process keeps moving. From that moment count 3-4 months and you'll get an idea of when you'll get your biometrics.

Good luck to you!

My timeline so far:

-01/27/20: Same sex couple, married to USC.
          -06/29/20: Package I-130, I-130A, I-131, I-485, I-693, I-765, I-864, I-864 joint sponsor and I-944 sent via certified mail USPS.
          -06/30/20: Delivered by USPS and signed by Chicago lockbox T Thomas.
          -07/25/20: Checks cashed.
          -07/30/20: Text messages received with case confirmation numbers.
          -07/31/20: Received NOA's in the mail.
          -08/05/20: Received RFIE notification from USCIS for I-485, letter to follow via mail.
          -08/10/20: Received RFIE in the mail asking for my partner's pay stubs for the last 6 months and letter of employment.
          -09/18/20: Mailed out RFIE to Lee-Summit's office.
          -09/21/20: USCIS confirms they've received RFIE.
          -10/27/2020: Called USCIS regarding biometrics appointment not yet scheduled. USCIS send E-Request to Chicago FO.
          -11/10/2020: Immigration officer reaches out to me via phone call to explain the reason I haven't received a biometrics appointment, appointment will come eventually.
          -11/23/2020: USCIS files another E-Request for biometrics.
          -12/04/2020: USCIS confirms biometrics appointment has been scheduled and letter with details is in the mail already.
          -12/05/2020: Biometrics appointment scheduled for December 21st 2020.
          -12/21/2020: Biometrics taken.
          -12/22/20202: Biometrics have been applied to cases.
          -12/29/2020: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
          Last edited by Johnny6751; 12-31-2020, 10:49 AM.

Comment

No one here will ever be able to say 100% if your husband is being honest but with the very little information you have given us your case sounds very common and very routine for people filing without the help of an attorney, mistakes and delays are very very likely. My advice (which is no way a professional one) is to respond to each letter from USCIS accordingly and bare in mind this process doesn't take days or weeks, with any luck it takes months and worse case scenarios it will take years.

Sounds to me like your aren't even comfortable with your marriage and that in itself may be a problem at your green card interview as the Immigration officers are very good at finding out intentions in cases.
            Married with kids to USC,
            chicago lockbox South jersey
            3 sets of I-130/485/944/864/131/765

Timeline so far:

07/18/2020: Package delivered to Lockbox location
            07/20/2020: Priority Date
            08/07/2020: Fingerprint fee was accepted
            08/11/2020: money orders cashed
            08/28/2020: Notice for fingerprint
            09/10/2020: Fingerprint done
            10/1/2020: Fingerprint was applied to case
            10/27/2020: Interview was scheduled
            11/2/2020: notification in mail Interview
            12/4/2020: Interview Done
            waiting, for status update

Comment

I can only echo what the others have said. It's easy to make mistakes with CC numbers, so it was probably a typo, especially if he sent it right back in.

The I-944 was introduced this year and required everywhere except Illinois, then in Illinois too, then banned everywhere, then required everywhere except New York, Connecticut, and Vermont, then required everywhere, then banned everywhere, then required everywhere, and now required everywhere EXCEPT California, Colorado, Delaware, Hawai’i, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Washington D.C., and Washington State

The I-944 has been a big MESS. Case in point, a user above mentions the September decision but there have been three more changes since then!!

No one can keep up.

But if USCIS requests it, you must send it in by the deadline.
              2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
              4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
              4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
              4/19: Request to expedite EAD
              5/11: Received EAD
              6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
              8/09: Advance Parole approved
              8/29: Scheduled for Interview
              10/11: Interview
              10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
              10/16: Sent new G28
              10/19: Approved!

Comment

@ johnny6751 ye I am from Pakistan and my husband is from Pakistan too. are you from Pakistan? if yes then you can understand how In laws and husband dominance and behavior will be?
                my husband have not submitted that form uscis asked for ..

Comment

I’m confused. Is there a reason why you can’t submit the I-944 documents? This form is filed by the beneficiary (you) and not the petitioner (your husband).

Comment

because he doesnot want me to involve in immigration stuff.. he said i will do i know very well when to submit? its his repky..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X