• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case is under extended review BEFORE interview

Hello everyone!

Miami field office
    PD FEB 2019

Me and my wife are still waiting, we filled a SR and got a response that our case is under extended review with no specifics

Does anyone know what that means?

The processing times for that office is 19.5 months, we are currently on 23 months FOR AN INTERVIEW

Any help would be great!

Like you, our case was in Extended Review for the better part of 2019 to mid 2020.

The following is our timeline:

2017-10-17 I-485 package (I-130, I-131, I-765, I-130A, I-693, I-864 etc.) submitted to Chicago lockbox by our attorney. AOS is marriage based.
    2017-10-27 Cases accepted and Fee payment acknowledged.
    2017-11-20 Biometrics done.
    2018-2020 Multiple SR's, Congressional and Senate Inquiries filed. We found that our case was in Extended Review.
    2020-10-08 I-485 Interview - results still pending since USCIS has 120 days to render a decision.

Sometimes talking to a Tier 2 officer was helpful. Most of the time it was not. But when it was useful as when we were told it was in extended review which means USCIS needs more time to go through the case. I'm not sure if this includes the FBI background check or it strictly involves USCIS field offices looking through all the paperwork.

So why were you the lucky one to be selected for a more detailed and ridiculously time consuming review of your case? Only you can really answer that question but something may be triggering a more detailed review.
    Last edited by Poramin; 01-07-2021, 01:02 PM. Reason: Fixing typos and timelines

Comment

Originally posted by Poramin View Post
      Like you, our case was in Extended Review for the better part of 2019 to mid 2020.

The following is our timeline:

2017-10-17 I-485 package (I-130, I-131, I-765, I-130A, I-693, I-864 etc.) submitted to Chicago lockbox by our attorney. AOS is marriage based.
      2017-10-27 Cases accepted and Fee payment acknowledged.
      2017-11-20 Biometrics done.
      2018-2020 Multiple SR's, Congressional and Senate Inquiries filed. We found that our case was in Extended Review.
      2020-10-08 I-485 Interview - results still pending since USCIS has 120 days to render a decision.

Sometimes talking to a Tier 2 officer was helpful. Most of the time it was not. But when it was useful as when we were told it was in extended review which means USCIS needs more time to go through the case. I'm not sure if this includes the FBI background check or it strictly involves USCIS field offices looking through all the paperwork.

So why were you the lucky one to be selected for a more detailed and ridiculously time consuming review of your case? Only you can really answer that question but something may be triggering a more detailed review.
      you got work authorization during this time?

Comment

I got EAD during this time and also a renewal for the EAD

I just don't understand why there would be an issue

I was on A2 visa before me and my wife married

Comment

Originally posted by Coop94 View Post
          I got EAD during this time and also a renewal for the EAD

I just don't understand why there would be an issue

I was on A2 visa before me and my wife married
          sorry my question was when during this time did you get work authorization, how many months after applying?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X