I485 application rejected due to incomplete application type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I485 application rejected due to incomplete application type

I just received my i485 package back from uscis with rejection notices due to application type not fully completed. Section 2 of the i485 is the application type section and I’ve gone over it and can not see what I’ve done wrong or missed. I’m applying based on marriage. The only thing I can think of is that because I filed the i130 concurrently with it the receipt number of underlying petition section I put n/a as I did not have a receipt number due to it being filed together. Should I maybe have left it blank? Or now that I’ve received a receipt number for the i130 do they send it back on purpose to then be able to write that receipt number in?
    all other forms were also rejected as stated on each of their rejection notices:
    “the principal application could not be accepted for the reasons specified on the related notice of action form, therefore processing of all riding applications cannot continue”.

if that is not the problem then I really don’t know what I’ve missed/done wrong. Anyone else had a similar experience with rejection due to application type?

thanks in advance

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X