Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to submit I-693(Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to submit I-693(Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record)

Hi Everyone,

I submitted by I-485, I-130, I-131 etc last December 18, 2021. I received my I-797C, Notice of Action for my I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-765 on January 5, 2021. I had my immigration medical examination early this week and I will be able to get it tomorrow, February 19, 2021.

It says on the "where to file" section of the Form I-693 on the USCIS website:
    • By mail after filing your Form I-485 to the location specified in your most recent communication with USCIS (for example, a Request for Evidence letter from USCIS).
    Should I mail the unopened I-693 to the USCIS office address in the Form I-797C? The USCIS Office Address mentioned in the form is:

USCIS
    National Benefits Center
    P.O. Box 648003
    Lee's Summit, MO 64002

I was calling USCIS contact center but I could not get hold of an agent.

Please advice, thank you!
    Last edited by garygnu; 02-18-2021, 06:11 PM.
    Timeline:
    Marriage to American Citizen (San Francisco)
    12/18/20: My package was received at Chicago lockbox
    01/10/21: I received four NOA receipts on January 5, 2021
    07/09/21: Biometrics done
    07/15/2021: Online update on I-485: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
    8/26/2021: We ordered your new card (I-765)
    8/27/2021: Online update on I-765 and I-131: case was approved
    9/3/2021: Card Was Delivered / Combo Card on hand
    10/28/2021: Update on USCIS website: "Interview was scheduled"

You take the sealed unopened medical envelope with you to your interview or send it in if you are requested to do so via RFE. If you have not had an RFE and or no interview date, you hold on to your medical. (Note: medical is valid for 2 years in your case)

Comment

Thank you for the reply. It says in the Special Instructions:

To ensure your medical examination results are still valid when we adjudicate your associated benefit application, you should schedule the medical examination as close as possible to the time you file for adjustment of status, respond to a Request for Evidence, or attend an interview (if applicable). NOTE: The Form I-693 must be dated no earlier than 60 days before you filed your underlying application.

Be sure to provide enough time for any laboratory testing or additional testing required under CDC's technical instructions.

If there in no RFE in the next 60 days, then it will expire and I have to retake the medical exam again. Has anyone sent their I-693 to

USCIS
      National Benefits Center
      P.O. Box 648003
      Lee's Summit, MO 64002

I want to submit the I-693 as soon as possible.
      Timeline:
      07/15/2021: Online update on I-485: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

Comment

Originally posted by garygnu View Post

To ensure your medical examination results are still valid when we adjudicate your associated benefit application, you should schedule the medical examination as close as possible to the time you file for adjustment of status, respond to a Request for Evidence, or attend an interview (if applicable). NOTE: The Form I-693 must be dated no earlier than 60 days before you filed your underlying application.

Be sure to provide enough time for any laboratory testing or additional testing required under CDC's technical instructions.

If there in no RFE in the next 60 days, then it will expire and I have to retake the medical exam again. Has anyone sent their I-693 to

USCIS
        National Benefits Center
        P.O. Box 648003
        Lee's Summit, MO 64002

I think you got it wrong! It says no earlier, not that its valid 60 days, plus it means your original application. In other word nor earlier than 2 months before you apply for AOS, but the exam is valid for 2 year it does not expire til then!

Comment

Originally posted by garygnu View Post

USCIS
          National Benefits Center
          P.O. Box 648003
          Lee's Summit, MO 64002

no, it wont expire in 60 days. I said in your case it is valid 2 years.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	59.0 KB ID:	754533

Sending in your medical now without USCIS requesting it could lead to the medical getting lost, slowing down your case etc.

USCIS typically will send you a courtesy deficiency note once they review your case. It will also explicitly state not to send in the medical for the same reason; they will either send a formal RFE or you bring it to your interview.
          Last edited by 000000; 02-18-2021, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I shall wait for USCIS to ask for the submission of my I-693 then.
            Timeline:

Comment

If they don't send you an RFE please remember to bring it to your interview and tell the officer you have it. I read a post that someone forgot to give the medical and then they had to wait for an RFE after the interview.
              Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
              Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
              Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
              ---
              All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X