Interview Scheduled...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview Scheduled...

Very excited and nervous at the same time.

I have been living in the US for over 14 years out of status, from a B2 visa. I am the beneficiary. My partner is the petitioner. We are the same age, he is actually 1 month older than me (We are 35 year olds).

This is the real deal now haha...

We got married in January 2020 but didn't file till June 2020 as we wanted to gather more docs for proof of bona-fide.

We didn't have a big wedding. Something very small at the city hall, just the judge and 3 closest friends of ours and a friend who's a photographer (how convinience)

In the original package we sent:

-ID's matching address
    -Copy of car insurance and car insurance card with both names on it.
    -Copy of 1 credit card with both names on it.
    -Copy of ComEd bill and internet with both names on it.
    -Copy of checking account statement with both names on it
    -10 pictures
    -Lease with both names on it.
    -Rent rcpts from our landlord with both names on it.
    -Copy of 3 affidavits confirming our relationship.
    -A lot of email print outs from the USPS email delivery service showing we both get mail at the same address.

We are planning on bringing just a few more pictures and latest bills and rent rcpts and renewed lease, plus renter's insurance under both names we got back in June last year and also 6 months of bank statements from my account and his account. Both of our names are on each other accounts but we have separate checking accounts. We'll also bring taxes for last year.

I don't have health insurance just yet because I haven't been issued a SSN, and I know that may be a red flag, but who knows.

I am a little nervous of course, because I have continued to accept work illegally, random jobs like construction, Uber, food delivery, etc. I know they're going to grill me about that. I however was very honest and checked-mark YES to working illegally in the I-485.

Any tips that you may have for this interview will be greatly appreciated.

My timeline so far:

PD 06/30/2020. Chicago field office.

-01/27/20: Same sex couple, married to USC.
    -06/29/20: Package I-130, I-130A, I-131, I-485, I-693, I-765, I-864, I-864 joint sponsor and I-944 sent via certified mail USPS.
    -06/30/20: Delivered by USPS and signed by Chicago lockbox T Thomas.
    -07/25/20: Checks cashed.
    -07/30/20: Text messages received with case confirmation numbers.
    -07/31/20: Received NOA's in the mail.
    -08/05/20: Received RFIE notification from USCIS for I-485, letter to follow via mail.
    -08/10/20: Received RFIE in the mail asking for my partner's pay stubs for the last 6 months and letter of employment.
    -09/18/20: Mailed out RFIE to Lee-Summit's office.
    -09/21/20: USCIS confirms they've received RFIE.
    -10/27/2020: Called USCIS regarding biometrics appointment not yet scheduled. USCIS send E-Request to Chicago FO.
    -11/10/2020: Immigration officer reaches out to me via phone call to explain the reason I haven't received a biometrics appointment, appointment will come eventually.
    -11/23/2020: USCIS files another E-Request for biometrics.
    -12/04/2020: USCIS confirms biometrics appointment has been scheduled and letter with details is in the mail already.
    -12/05/2020: Biometrics appointment scheduled for December 21st 2020.
    -12/21/2020: Biometrics taken.
    -12/22/2020: Biometrics applied to cases.
    -12/29/2020: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
    -02/26/2021: Interview has been scheduled. Letter in the mail already.

No EAD.

Thank you guys.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X