Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received RFI regarding birth certificate

Hello,

I am sponsoring my 80+ year dad, and recently rcvd RFI asking for my birth certificate. Well I don't have a birt cert but did submit secondary evidence which was issued by municipal hospital. The letter is generic but is says in case a birt certficate is not availabe a government letter is required as per below,

"Title 8 Code of Federal Section 103.2(b)(2)(ii)

Demonstrating that such document doesn't exist.

However I believe according the state depratment they agree such a document generally doesn't exist. Anybody has a link?

Did you get simiar notice and how did you handle it.

Hi,
    I am not sure, what is the format and what content it had been included in alternative letter. But, I am here giving more insight on alternative documents of proof of birth.. So that, you can have some better idea.
    • If you dont have Birth certificate available, get a certificate of Non-availability. it includes, Original written statement from concern government official letter head, detail reason of Non-existence or unavailability of the document, or specifically mention for the time and place details are not available.
    • Along with above mentioned letter, Please also include alternative supporting documents proofing evidence of birth such as school records, hospital records, Affidavits, or any other documents that you think will meet the requirements.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by smajee View Post
      Hello,

I am sponsoring my 80+ year dad, and recently rcvd RFI asking for my birth certificate. Well I don't have a birt cert but did submit secondary evidence which was issued by municipal hospital. The letter is generic but is says in case a birt certficate is not availabe a government letter is required as per below,

"Title 8 Code of Federal Section 103.2(b)(2)(ii)

Demonstrating that such document doesn't exist.

However I believe according the state depratment they agree such a document generally doesn't exist. Anybody has a link?

Did you get simiar notice and how did you handle it.
      If you are sponsoring your Dad , that means that once you had to go through this process as well and submit your birth certificate or alternative. What document did you submit then? Just include what you previously included for your process I guess plus some of the alternatives mentioned on their website.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X