Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview completed but NO Online update yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview completed but NO Online update yet?

Hey Guys,

Once I was done with the interview yesterday-05/11/21( in a very friendly environment), the Officer told my family and I she approved our I-485s and will order our cards and we should receive them within 4 to 6 weeks. BUT my USCIS account is yet to show I completed my interview. I don't know what is up with that system update. Doesn't the system normally update the same day to reflect the interview is completed?

05/08/20: I-485, I-765, I-131, I-944 sent to USCIS
    05/13 Rejected due to lack of I-864
    05/27 resubmitted with explanation
    06/03 Rejected again-same reason
    06/13 Resubmitted with I-864
    07/07 Lockbox emailed back and ask to resubmit
    07/09 Filings accepted with PD 05/08/20 (nice)
    08/06 Prior biometrics applied to I485
    08/28 Took biometrics for I-765 only
    09/28 I-765's Cards Ordered
    10/02 EAD/AP received
    04/12 Interview Sched
    05/11 Interview done approval on the spot but no USCIS update online
    Last edited by Tibwa; 05-12-2021, 01:23 PM.
    10/02 EAD/AP received
    04/12 Interview Sched

I bump this to see if you have guys have an answer for me. We ( me, my daughter and my wife) went to the interview this past Tuesday. The officer told us she approved us for Green Cards on the spot and we should receive our GCs in 4 to 6 weeks BUT our online status still have NOT changed. Does it sometime take more than 1 day to update the online status? I am just anxious.

It has been a long journey; I am just anxious.
    10/02 EAD/AP received
    04/12 Interview Sched

Comment

Yes, sometimes they don't update the system right away and takes a few days. Hope you get your GC soon.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibwa View Post
        I bump this to see if you have guys have an answer for me. We ( me, my daughter and my wife) went to the interview this past Tuesday. The officer told us she approved us for Green Cards on the spot and we should receive our GCs in 4 to 6 weeks BUT our online status still have NOT changed. Does it sometime take more than 1 day to update the online status? I am just anxious.

It has been a long journey; I am just anxious.
        Hi there,

congrats on your approval. Every officer has their own workflow - so to speak. There are those that approve on the spot and close cases as they interview people. There are those that interview folks and every week or every two weeks, they close their cases in batches. Say 20 cases at a time.

If the officer told you that you were approved, then you have nothing to worry about. Sometimes the system updates and honestly, sometimes it just does not and people still get their green cards. I would give it some time. Maybe in 2 weeks or so you could inquire and maybe call the main USCIS number.

Tricky thing is that there is no limit to how long USCIS can take to adjudicate an Adjustment of status case. I can tell you that our officer told us 120 days and within 24 hours of our interview, the status had changed to New Card Being Produced.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post

Hi there,

congrats on your approval. Every officer has their own workflow - so to speak. There are those that approve on the spot and close cases as they interview people. There are those that interview folks and every week or every two weeks, they close their cases in batches. Say 20 cases at a time.

If the officer told you that you were approved, then you have nothing to worry about. Sometimes the system updates and honestly, sometimes it just does not and people still get their green cards. I would give it some time. Maybe in 2 weeks or so you could inquire and maybe call the main USCIS number.

Tricky thing is that there is no limit to how long USCIS can take to adjudicate an Adjustment of status case. I can tell you that our officer told us 120 days and within 24 hours of our interview, the status had changed to New Card Being Produced.

All the best,

USCFFS
          Got it and Thank You. That's reassuring because she approved and said she will ordering my card. This blog has been an important part of this long journey. I have learned and received help from this blog.
          10/02 EAD/AP received
          04/12 Interview Sched

Comment

Hi there,

All the best,

USCFFS
            By the way, I thought you had your interview and you had your 2-years provisional GC. Was that you or someone else?
            Last edited by Tibwa; 05-17-2021, 12:22 PM.
            10/02 EAD/AP received
            04/12 Interview Sched

Comment

Tibwa hi, yes, we got approved the day after the interview. All is well.
              Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 05-17-2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Tibwa hi, yes, we got approved the day after the interview. All is well. ????
                Okay- That is what I thought. The interview went very well. Hopefully we receive the GC soon. This is my last step since I am getting it from my Dad.
                10/02 EAD/AP received
                04/12 Interview Sched

Comment

Originally posted by Tibwa View Post

Okay- That is what I thought. The interview went very well. Hopefully we receive the GC soon. This is my last step since I am getting it from my Dad.
                  I am not sure why my post had ???? at the end. I meant "All is well."
                  I do not think that you have anything to worry about. Be well.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X