May 2021 - AOS filers - Please Join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam66m View Post

Yeah i understand.Thank you for your feedback.All we could do is to wait :-(
    After a long wait, my wife's biometric appointment came through.Scheduled for 30th July 2021

May 12, 2021 : Sent Application Package (I-485, I-131, I-765)
    May 13, 2021 : Application Delivered
    May 22, 2021 : Received the receipt notices from USCIS
    May 27, 2021 : Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction which Texas
    June 3, 2021 : Received biometrics appointment letters
    June 29,2021 : Biometrics scheduled for 29th at the local office
    July 1, 2021 Finger prints taken

Comment

EB1C India
      20 Jan 21 - Filed I140 in Nebraska Service Center - Pending
      24 May 21- Filed I485 along with I131 & I765 in National Benefits Center
      14 Jun 21 - Forms & Fee received
      23 Jun 21 - I485 transferred to Nebraska Service Center

| This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice |

Comment

Have anyone got any updates on your case?

Comment

No updates from last 2 mths. My L2 EAD is going to expire. Not sure what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Vsamsr10 View Post
            Regardless of where you are in your AOS journey, you should apply for a L1 extension along with L2 EAD unless your AOS is already approved. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Vsamsr10 View Post
              If you have already applied for EAD with AOS, you can put in a query to expedite your EAD (if your bio is done). If you haven't applied for EAD with AOS application, then apply for it immediately. Considering you applied in May 2021, you would have to be extremely lucky to get your GC in 2021.
              EB1C India - MSC2190XXXXXX
              11/25/2020 - I485, I765, I131 sent to TX lockbox
              11/30/2020 - received at TX lockbox
              02/28/2021 - NOAs generated
              05/19/2021 - Bio done
              07/28/2021 - I485J fee waiver notice
              08/18/2021 - I765 - ordered new card
              08/30/2021 - RFE for BC+693
              09/22/2021 - GC in hand (primary)

Comment

Updated Timeline:

May 28, 2021 : I-130 filed online (Immediate Relative - Parent)
                June 2, 2021 : Receipt Notice (I-797c) received in mail

June 23, 2021 : Sent Application Package (I-485, I-864) (FedEx)
                June 24, 2021 : Application arrived at USCIS Chicago, signed by J HARPER
                July 3, 2021 : Received NOA in the mail
                July 6, 2021: Received in the mail instructions to set up USCIS account access
                July 26 : Biometrics completed
                August 2 : Received Letter for initial interview on Sep 13

I have received a letter for the applicant to appear for an initial interview. can someone explain what to expect on this interview. My Mom will need help during the interview. Can i accompany her?

Comment

Originally posted by vpratap397 View Post

You have to submit for each form.
                  Not true, one is all you need.
                  AOS - Marriage to US Citizen

7/28/21 - Package shipped
                  7/30/21 - Package delivered
                  8/02/21 - Text messages received
                  8/06/21 - I-797 notices received
                  8/09/21 - I-797 for biometric reuse
                  9/02/21 - I-693 deficiency notice received
                  3/31/22 - Interview scheduled for May 5, 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by paranji View Post
                    Updated Timeline:

I have received a letter for the applicant to appear for an initial interview. can someone explain what to expect on this interview. My Mom will need help during the interview. Can i accompany her?
                    Just search this forum. There are lot of posts which would give you all the information you would need.

Btw, do you know on what basis the 485s are processed? My case is in Chicago as well and I had submitted my 485 in May and am still waiting for a change in status after my application fee was received.

Comment

Updated Timeline:

congrats paranji! That is by far the quickest I have seen so far. biometric within 2 months and GC interview within 3 months. Seems you broke all the records Did you expedite the process?
                      What state are you from?

I am still waiting for biometric appointment. 82+ days and counting.
                      ​​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks. I am also surprised. I am from Illinois. Are 485 processing moving faster or is it because it is adjustment of status?

Comment

Thanks. I am also surprised. I am from Illinois. Are 485 processing moving faster or is it because it is adjustment of status?
                          Maybe you didn't file EAD and AP, thats why it moved faster but then who knows I mean the way USCIS works is completely unpredictable. The timeline is typically anything between 6 months - 1 year but you'll get GC in 3 months which I have never seen before.

Once again congrats! and thanks for the update.

Comment

I am from Illinois as well. And like AC21EAD mentioned, the way USCIS operates is completely unpredictable. Most of those in this forum would have filed an AOS. I have filed an AOS of status as well and my priority date has been current for a while now. All the best for the interview and like I mentioned earlier, search this forum and also check out the "Experiences" section in this forum where people provide a detailed account of their interview experience including the additional documents they carried and the questions they were asked.

Btw, is the I-130 approved? I see it was filed end of May only. It need to be approved before the 485 can be approved and GC issued.

Comment

Thanks. No I-130 is not yet approved. i saw some posts where it is getting approved in 7 weeks or so? is that correct. if so, not sure what is going on with mine.. No RFE so far.

Comment

Thanks. No I-130 is not yet approved. i saw some posts where it is getting approved in 7 weeks or so? is that correct. if so, not sure what is going on with mine.. No RFE so far.
                                7 weeks seems unlikely. It could be possible because I see you have filed your case online. Some online cases seem to be processed sooner than those filed through mail. In which location is your I-130 being processed?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X