Declined credit card transaction clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Declined credit card transaction clarification

Hello, USCIS was able to process the fee for the form I-485 (AOS), but when they attempted to process the Petition for Alien Relative, the bank blocked the transaction on the credit card for fraudulent activity. I got a promt from the bank for me to confirm the transaction, but by then that second transaction was already declined. Has anyone else experienced this and will USCIS attempt the transaction again since one of the payments went through?

Hi,
    Did you submit G-1450 form for each petition/Application or only one?
    And as per USCIS guidance on credit card payment, If a credit card is declined, They will not attempt to process the credit card payment again. They will reject your application, petition, or request for lack of payment. If they reject your filing, they will send you a notice explaining why they rejected it.
    If you file a corrected application, petition, or request, and wish to pay again by credit card, you will need to include a new Form G-1450.
    Thanks

Comment

Hey, thanks for responding. I used two separate form G-1450 for the payments. Really disappointed that the bank's system would see a transaction from USCIS and block it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kbrown View Post
        Hey, thanks for responding. I used two separate form G-1450 for the payments. Really disappointed that the bank's system would see a transaction from USCIS and block it.
        Payment through credit card always carries that risk, so, it is always recommended to pay by check.
        Employment based AOS
        Priority date: 04/24/2020
        Package delivered: 04/06/2021
        Check cashed: 04/27/2021
        Received receipt notice through texts and emails: 04/27/2021
        Paper notice of arrival: 05/03/2021
        Biometrics notice received: 05/28/2021
        Biometrics done: 06/14/2021'
        I-485 AOS Approved: 09/08/2021
        Green card mailed: 09/10/2021
        Green card in hand: 09/13/2021

Comment

Kbrown , did they reject application and you had to send it over again?

Comment

Hey! Hope you got your situation sorted out, but just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone else had this issue.
            Last edited by AudrinaOlson; 04-27-2023, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Hello, USCIS was able to process the fee for the form I-485 (AOS), but when they attempted to process the Petition for Alien Relative, the bank blocked the transaction on the credit card for fraudulent activity. I got a promt from the bank for me to confirm the transaction, but by then that second transaction was already declined. Has anyone else experienced this and will USCIS attempt the transaction again since one of the payments went through?
              Because of the type of payment and the amount involved, banks frequently flag transactions from government agencies—including USCIS—as possible fraud. It's wise to get in touch with your bank in these situations and let them know the transactions are valid. Your card might be unblocked for upcoming USCIS transactions if you can verify the transactions.

Comment

I empathize with your situation regarding the declined credit card transaction for the USCIS fees. It's not uncommon for banks to flag multiple transactions in quick succession as potential fraud. You did the right thing by confirming the first transaction. It's advisable to reach out to USCIS and explain the situation. They may attempt the declined transaction again or provide guidance on how to proceed. It's always wise to keep communication lines open with both the bank and USCIS to ensure a smooth process. Best of luck!

Comment

Hello there! Navigating the intricacies of USCIS procedures can be quite challenging. It appears you've encountered a common issue where banks flag transactions for potential fraud, causing disruptions in the payment process. It's advisable to directly contact USCIS, explain the situation, and seek guidance on the next steps to ensure your application proceeds smoothly.
                  Last edited by immihelp; 01-05-2024, 01:41 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X