Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AOS- interview Reschedule. Any experience writing to a field office??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS- interview Reschedule. Any experience writing to a field office??

Has anyone successfully sent a letter to a field office? My AOS interview was scheduled in Texas in January, 22nd 2021.
    I am in Charlotte and was told that due to jurisdiction purposes my case needed to be transferred and Charlotte field office will send me a new interview soon.
    Fast forward to now, 6 months later, no letter in the mail.????
    Called USCIS and the Tier1 officer that I spoke to told me that my case has been transferred since February 8 to Charlotte office and I need to send a … letter to the field office asking about my case/interview???
    Never heard of this before. Wondering if anyone had any similar experience. Is it worth sending a letter or the officer didn't know what he was talking about?
    This is AOS interview for EB3 ROW.
    My PD is 01/23/2020
    Appreciate any feedback!

I've personally never heard of anyone writing to a USCIS field office. In fact, I remember reading a story from an immigration attorney that advised against writing random letters to them.

You're generally just supposed to call their toll free number for all enquiries.

My advice is not based on any confirmation from USCIS, more so just my experiences with dealing with USCIS. You may be just fine writing to them, but I've never heard of it. Maybe try and call again and speak to a Tier 2 officer.

Out of curiosity, what does your online account status say?
    Last edited by Tezza; 08-03-2021, 02:40 PM.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Originally posted by Tezza View Post
      I've personally never heard of anyone writing to a USCIS field office. In fact, I remember reading a story from an immigration attorney that advised against writing random letters to them.

You're generally just supposed to call their toll free number for all enquiries.

My advice is not based on any confirmation from USCIS, more so just my experiences with dealing with USCIS. You may be just fine writing to them, but I've never heard of it. Maybe try and call again and speak to a Tier 2 officer.

Out of curiosity, what does your online account status say?
      Thank you for the feedback, Tezza.
      I was also puzzled when he told me to send a letter to the field office. I don't understand why I have to do so. I feel like it will be a waste a time. But wanted to see if other had similar experiences.
      I will try to call them again as you suggested and see if I have a different answer from another officer or escalate it to a tier 2 officer.
      My online status , on the other end, has been totally unreliable that's why I called them on the first place.
      It is still stuck @ this message from a year ago:
      On July 21, 2020, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC **** ***. USCIS has begun working on your case again. We will send you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."
      RFE was for medical exam that I sent a year ago
      Even when I got my interview notice in the mail in December 2020, it still didn't change to " Interview scheduled". or "interview ready to be scheduled" like other people. I brought it up to to tier officer that I spoke to, he said he was going to update but it wasn't done!

Comment

Hi lilibond,

Any luck on your case to get the interview?
        Did you write the letter to FO and any response?

thanks

Comment

Thanks for the details over here.

Comment

I've worked at a service centre and as a FO. I started working at the service centre at the outset of the epidemic.
            Last edited by JonathanGill; 05-04-2023, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Hey, I totally feel your frustration about rescheduling interviews. I haven't personally sent a letter to a field office before, but I've heard some people have had success with it. It's definitely worth a shot if you're not getting the answers you need. Also, just a heads up, if you're ever in need of some extra help with your writing assignments and essay papers, you should totally hire an academic writer. I've used this site called Writers Per Hour before and they've been a life-saver for me. Here's the link if you want to check it out writersperhour.com. By the way, I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure if you've already gotten your interview rescheduled or not. But I hope everything worked out for you in the end.
              Last edited by DesiraeRivera; 06-05-2023, 04:04 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X