I693 - 60 Days Rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I693 - 60 Days Rule

I submitted by i485 last year, RD: Nov 5th, 2020, my medical was done with surgeon sign on October 23rd, 2020, 12 days gap between Surgeon signature and AOD received date. I could not send medical with 485, now I received RFE last week, can I used the one from Oct 23rd, 2020 or I need to get it done again? Its approximately 11 months since Surgeon signature.

According to the manual: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/...rt-b-chapter-4
    your sealed envelope is valid for 2 years since the civil surgeon's signature.

Just a note, there are still some USCIS officers that believe that the time between the civil surgeon's signature and when the sealed envelope arrives at USCIS should be up to 60 days.

Options you have:
    - send that sealed envelope. Maybe attach a letter saying that the civil surgeon signed X days before your I-485 was received by USCIS so according to the manual is valid for 2 years (October 22, 2022)
    - talk to the civil surgeon and see if they can update the documents (same information just update signature date) for free or at a lower price
    - do the medical again

Good luck.

Another note: We received an RFE for medical saying they expired. This was 5 months before the 2-year mark from our previous medicals. You never know what will happen with USCIS.

Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

I am thinking to try with the medicals I have, can they reject my 485 based on that or they will issue another RFE saying it's expired? If I receive RFE, then I will re do the medicals, in that way I can try my luck with minimum risk, pls let me know what you think...

Comment

I have no experience and I haven't read about a situation like yours. If I were you I may send the old sealed envelope with a letter stating that the civil surgeon signed the medical 12 days before USCIS received the I-485 and according to the manual (write link and copy the table for submitting after Nov 1, 2018) the medical forms are valid for 2 years.

The last paragraph will write something like "For the reasons cited above I believe my sealed envelope is valid and will expire on October 2022, if for any reason you decide I need to do a new medical exam, please let me know". But this is just me, you will need to decide if you do this or just get a new medical exam. Good luck and keep us posted.
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Enub4, Thanks a lot for your guidance on this. I have decided to proceed with what I have, there is plenty of confusion on this subject and people are making their own interpretations.

Comment

I got approved within 7 days, my medical was done 12 days prior to submission of AOS and approximately 11 months old before I sent it on RFE response. Needless to say lot of people are making misinterpretation of the rule and spreading on social media..

Comment

Originally posted by Johnin16 View Post
              I got approved within 7 days, my medical was done 12 days prior to submission of AOS and approximately 11 months old before I sent it on RFE response. Needless to say lot of people are making misinterpretation of the rule and spreading on social media..
              Congrats on your approval.
              Good to know that your officer followed the manual correctly.
              ---

Comment

Got cards within 7 days from approval status online..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X