Medical exam question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical exam question

I need to get my medical exam completed and I have all the required vaccines except the flu one. I had an allergic reaction to the vaccine years ago and ever since I have not gotten this type vaccine. However I do not have any records of that as I did not report it anywhere (this was may be 10 years ago. Don't even remember the exact year). My doctor who has been my physician since i was a kid died 2 years ago and i think she is the one who could have been able to prove that or give me a pointer. I am not sure how to get exemption. I called uscis and looked online but both directed me to talk to my civil doctor at the time of the exam and said they can evaluate the situation and give me an exemption. However my question is has anyone done any type of exemption and how did you go about it? Do you just go to the civil surgeon and let them know or do you need to prepare a statement or additional documents? Again I am not sure how to prove I was once allergic to the vaccine and really do not want to risk taking it. Any help here will be appreciated. Thank you!

Just to confirm my understanding on your query - You are allergic to the Flu Vaccines only and you have had other vaccines?

If yes, then I think you are good. Flu shots are not considered as mandatory for the I693 medical forms. Your civil surgeon will be able to fill out the forms without having to give you Flu shot. I have taken all vaccines outside of US and do not have any records of it. The Civil surgeon gave me 3 vaccines and completed the i693 forms and it was accepted by USCIS - (dtap, varicella, mmr). There is an additional blood test and if you take it they can probably avoid one of the 3 vaccines as well. The blood test will be an additional cost outside of the standard blood work they do for completing I693. Please talk to a civil surgeon approved by USCIS and they will be able to help. You can also talk to a few of them and pick the one who can best help in your case.

Hope this help and all the best.

Comment

This is correct. I have records of all vaccines but the flu. Its listed as mandatory during flu season for the medical exam and my Interview is end of January so I have to have it by then.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X