Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had Interview today - Help!

Hey,

we had our AOS interview today and I have no idea if it went well or not.
    We already provided a ton of supporting documents during initial filing including photos, bills with both our names etc etc.

However, life has changed since then and we have two cars under both names, more insurances under both names, we bought a house under both of our names, etc.

During the interview the officer didn't request any of it. She just asked:
    "How did you meet?"
    "We actually met online?"
    "What website?"
    "It was called Hinge. Everybody told us if you actually wanna meet somebody that's the app to use and I guess it worked out"

She also asked when we met and when our wedding was.
    That was it.

I had to answer all the other questions with no and she let us go with:
    "If I don't find anything in your files which I don't anticipate, you should get something in the mail in 6 weeks."

What does that mean??? I'm really stressed out. Did we mess up by not providing additional evidence, although she didn't ask?
    We did tell her we moved and she wrote down the new address but that's it. She didn't even ask if it's a house or what...

Do I have to be worried?
    09/26 Package was received in Chicago
    10/30 Checks cashed
    11/02 Receipt Notice via text

I have not had my interview yet, but it sounds to me she had enough evidence already. It sounds like you did good!

Comment

Usually, it means that there is no problem and you should just wait a few weeks. Some officers do the interview first and the final document review after the interview, or at least it seems that way. Good luck.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Lol, reading this made me smile. This means your interview went perfectly well, her questions were just routine and for formality, rest assured, you are okay.

Comment

I do not think there will be an issue on your case at all. The immigration officer was satisfied with what you answered his questions.

Comment

Originally posted by BPG View Post
            Hey,

we had our AOS interview today and I have no idea if it went well or not.
            We already provided a ton of supporting documents during initial filing including photos, bills with both our names etc etc.

However, life has changed since then and we have two cars under both names, more insurances under both names, we bought a house under both of our names, etc.

During the interview the officer didn't request any of it. She just asked:
            "How did you meet?"
            "We actually met online?"
            "What website?"
            "It was called Hinge. Everybody told us if you actually wanna meet somebody that's the app to use and I guess it worked out"

She also asked when we met and when our wedding was.
            That was it.

I had to answer all the other questions with no and she let us go with:
            "If I don't find anything in your files which I don't anticipate, you should get something in the mail in 6 weeks."

What does that mean??? I'm really stressed out. Did we mess up by not providing additional evidence, although she didn't ask?
            We did tell her we moved and she wrote down the new address but that's it. She didn't even ask if it's a house or what...

Do I have to be worried?

Any news? I had my interview two weeks ago and nothing yet. The officer said 60 days to receive an answer and honestly it's been a little frustrating considering that most people get an answer right after the interview or a few hours later. I think the interview went well, but one never knows.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X