Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need to bring tax returns for 2021 to the interview?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to bring tax returns for 2021 to the interview?!

My husband (immigrant) and I got his interview notice today!! However, it is scheduled for February 15th. Do we need to file our taxes for 2021 quickly and bring those tax returns? Or is our most recent tax year 2020 because this tax season won't be over yet? I'm just not sure that we will get our tax returns back in time!Please help! And thank you!

Originally posted by arp123! View Post
    My husband (immigrant) and I got his interview notice today!! However, it is scheduled for February 15th. Do we need to file our taxes for 2021 quickly and bring those tax returns? Or is our most recent tax year 2020 because this tax season won't be over yet? I'm just not sure that we will get our tax returns back in time!Please help! And thank you!
    I don't believe that you would be asked for the tax returns for 2022. You have more time to file so they can't expect that you do it before the interview. So your 2020 tax return should be good enough. Saying this, you could always quickly file your taxes online. I typically file mine with local HR block office and is instantaneous. So you could try that or there are many online free tax filing sites like Turbo tax which you could use. In short, don't worry about 2021 tax return if you can't do it but I would recommend that you do, if you could
    | This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice |

Comment

You can't bring something you don't have! they are aware that the tax season just started and companies technically have up to Jan. 30th to distribute W2 forms( could be more time now with COVID). The officers know that, so If you don't file prior your interview then bring 2020 tax return, if you file but your return is not yet processed by IRS you can take the copies for the filed paperwork to them, however the officers are well aware of the tax situation and if they have doubts and really want to see 2021 tax return papers they will issue RFE and tell you to mail it when you have it.

Comment

When I had my green card interview about a month ago, the immigration officer took my w2 forms instead of my tax return.

Comment

Originally posted by IMPREZA86 View Post
          When I had my green card interview about a month ago, the immigration officer took my w2 forms instead of my tax return.
          I believe in this case the tax return is to see if they filed their taxes together rather than it being used as a proof of income...
          | This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice |

Comment

Hi, I'm not sure if they are mandatory, but you should have them. If the tax returns don't come in time, there are a lot of online platforms that can help you do that in some minute on the internet. You can find some of the best platforms in this article: https://tipsogram.com/best-tax-software/. I have already tried some of them, and I can guarantee you they are trustworthy. I think it's better to lose some minutes to do these files than to have issues at your job interview due to not having them.
            Last edited by Thunderbirdman; 02-24-2022, 08:15 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X