Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 and AOS

Hi,

I am an F1 student and I am working as RA/Ta in the school for 20 hours a week.

My wife has applied for AOS (not a US citizen) and I have received an EAd for about 1.5 years ago.

I maintain my F1 by registering courses etch.

I have left the country last June and came back using EAD card. So, I am a parolee on my I94.

Leaving the US and coming back with EAD - Does it mean that I am still maintaining my F1 status or not?

My EAD will expire on February 15th, 2022.

Since I am maintaining my F1 status, can I still work on campus even though my EAD will expire? or do I have to stop working?

Thank you.

No. You entered on Advance Parole, not F1 visa. So you entered as a parolee; you did not enter into F1 status. You can work on your EAD. Assuming you have an I-485-based EAD (i.e. category C09), as long as you file for EAD renewal before your EAD expires, your work authorization is automatically extended until 180 days after your EAD expires. But you need to get the renewal receipt in order to prove this to the employer, so you should file for the renewal ASAP. (Both EAD and AP are free so there is no reason not to renew them ASAP.)

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply. I have filed for renewal about 9 months ago but still waiting. I am reading on forums that it might take about 14 months in Texas.
      Thank you.

Comment

Your EAD will expire February 15, 2022, or your 180-day extension will expire February 15, 2022?

From what I read, you should stop working until you get your new EAD when the 180-day extension expires. I hope you get your renewal EAD soon.
        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X