Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP PLEASE - Received Letter from DOS - NVC

Hello,

We applied for I 485 back in May 22 for my Parents. We didn't receive any communication until late November where we were notified of missing I 639 form. However, we were asked not to mail it and bring it to interview.

This week, we received a letter from DOS NVC stating they sent us instructions to complete the application and we haven't responded in a year and now we have to since Visa is available.

However, we haven't received anything that we know of ..

We need to respond via https://ceac.state.gov site where one of the required items is Invoice ID number which I am not sure what it is. Where do I get the invoice ID from? Is that through NVC site?

Need some guidance on how to proceed please.

Thank You.

Are your parents in the USA? Are you planning to do an adjustment of status or consular processing?

Usually, NVC sends letters/information for consular processing. One of the letters/info is the case number and invoice ID to make payments and upload documents.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Yes My parents are here in US. Wanting to do Adjustment of status here. I have provided my US Address for all the communications.

Comment

Maybe they made a mistake and think that your parents are going to do consular processing.

I'm not familiar with the current ways to contact USCIS about this problem. I used Emma in the past to ask about a couple of things, was able to get in contact with a human and even an officer called me. Maybe you can try that.
        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X